ID:2087205

Apart of working for a bookstore means sometimes your job is to help with promoting a certain book.

Sometimes that promotion involves... dressing up in a large mouse costume and letting little kids take pictures with you.

Yes, one of the MoDs said that since we're understaffed today, I have to stop what I'm doing, which is managing nearly every aspect of the eCommerce portion of the business, and dress up in a god damn sweaty mouse costume for about an hour. I also have to let kids touch me or something.

I don't know how to feel about this or even how to prepare. The last time I interacted with children that small is when I was a small child myself. What if one of the germy kids has ebola and farts on me? What if, by PURE COINCIDENCE, my mouse hand very firmly grips the left butt cheek of one of the kids Mom and she prosecutes me for sexual harassment? There's just so many things that can go wrong today, I can't even.

If only all children could be like tina sprout :c.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
If only all children could be like tina sprout :c.

So lets see.

I could barely breathe the entire 25ish minutes I had the costume on. I almost stepped on two kids, it was a complete miracle I avoided them. 1 girl refused to give me a high five or even wave back at me ( it's okay though, because one day that runt is going to grow up and think back on the time she left the guy in the mouse suit hanging, and she's going to wish she had given me some dap ). I ran into my high school art teacher. One of the chicks running the event was kinda bossy, almost had to slap a bitch.

Other than that, I managed to survive somehow.
In response to EmpirezTeam
What a dramatic bitch.
So no ass grab?
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
So no ass grab?

I was too busy putting smiles on all the kiddies faces.

It felt fulfilling and humiliating simultaneously. It's like, on one hand you're happy you get to provide a somewhat fun experience for kids, and then on the other, there's this voice in the back of your head saying "Seriously? A mouse costume? Is this really what you've let your existence be reduced to? SNAP OUT OF IT, DAMNIT. REGAIN CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE AND QUIT SETTLING."
Ugh i definitely couldn't do that DX. Mostly because i hate most kids, and usually the people who conceived them.

The sensible voice in your head is right though. You should be 360 no scoping 12 year olds on call of duty not dressing up as micky & 420 blazing it with the guys downtown.