ID:2087952

Problem description:

So, I'm thinking about creating more layers to my space parallax, beside the mostly static background that's already there. The problem is, I want to add these additional layers using tiled star icons, and I want the different layers to move at different speeds relative to the viewer. The tiles should also be smaller as they are in the further layers, which puts me at a bit of a dilemma. The only way I can begin to think of doing this is by adding screen objects, but some of these layers will move fast enough so that compiling the stars into a big image and scrolling it faster doesn't seem very feasible.

My question is, does anyone have an approach they can think of to tackle this problem?
I'm pretty sure F_A built some kind of horizontal parallax into his Sidescroller libraries, but I don't recall exactly how he did it.

A good place to start would be to work with HUD in the background and either have it translate when the user moves, or.. Eh, I think I'll toy around with this later on tonight to find a better way.
In response to Konlet
Just looked it up, seemed really simple, and I couldn't get the demo to compile right to take a look at it.

If ya come up with anything feel free to share the ideas 8)
Just have the primary screen objects on different layers and move them different amounts. Then you can stack as much crap as you want as overlays on the different objects and everything's hunky-dory.
In response to MisterPerson
Yeah, I guess that could work basically.. though I'd have to create all these icons for each player viewing them, which seems a bit intensive.. I guess that wouldn't be avoidable no matter how I go about this, though.

I'm wondering how laggy this will be tbh, Lol. I think I'll give it a try soon.