ID:2089423

Hello Readers! It appears we have a short and sweet edition of Within BYOND leading into Memorial Day weekend, a time many of us in the USA will spend with friends, families, and remembering our fallen veterans. Now lets see what has been going on around BYOND, so we can get ready for barbeques, parades, and general comradery (and I'm pretty sure I broke my little toe during the publishing of this article, ugh!).

BYOND

BYOND 510 was finally able to get some traction and was officially taken out of beta earlier today, after multiple setbacks (In all fairness, they were setbacks that ended with positive results, like fixes to overlay saving, and giving priority to higher-end graphic cards). After release, Lummox JR took a moment to take a look at the big picture, and complied a condensed (yet still very large) list of new features found in BYOND 508, 509, and 510.

BYOND Games

Ishuri introduced a new class to Land of Fire in their most recent devlog editions, showing off Wards and their cutting edge techniques used in the adventure RPG game. Energy beams, exploding balls of light, and deflected projectiles are all featured in GIF form. A flow-chart depicts the brain dump of a Ward's technique advancement process, and SulLight recreated the tutorial's boss's entrance. Yeah, he's big.

The adventure RPG Epoch made its debut on Steam one week ago, landing a featured spot on the BYOND news channel, and was followed by a stream of daily updates addressing issues and implementing new features. Camera leading keeps the game appearing dynamic, the title screen and main menu received a make-over, messages can be left for your friends, and storage boxes allow players to horde more items. To help the project go seamlessly, a FAQ guide has been provided as well.

Kayaba has been working on updates for Hunters over the past two weeks. The adventure game features goal orientated progression, such as reading books to learn skills, and obtaining relics to level up. A handful of guides have been released for getting started and choosing skills.

Bravo1 has been progressing on updates to address mission critical issues that appeared in the latest demo of the sidescroller Lux. The severe slowdowns that were experienced in some rooms have been resolved by managing enemy movements better. Armor upgrades will be available for the rover, new enemies may be found, and bosses will show the stages of their defeat more visibly.

Avidanimefan has shared the progress he has been making on the player versus player adventure game Mystic Ball EX. The list is lengthy, but to summarize a few points, fatigue, lookout areas, and healing skills have been added, with tournaments, mini-games, and mystic ball altars next on stage.

BYOND Resources

• Bandock released an early version of his InOut ScreenWeb library, to help complement maptext usage, and Poplava quickly created a small demo using it.
first
very short list but good games and good job everyone
Hey guys I ordered a Asus chromebook an I was wondering if I could play byond on it
In response to Kingflow430
Kingflow430 wrote:
Hey guys I ordered a Asus chromebook an I was wondering if I could play byond on it

Only in the browser, with a webclient-enabled game, unless you have a virtual machine that can run Windows. To use Dream Seeker natively you have to be running Windows.