ID:2090117

Hey guys I have ordered an Asus chromebook and I was wondering if I can play byond on it please reply asap thank you😥
No. Even if the game supports the webclient, odds are you aren't going to have a playable experience in any BYOND game on a chromebook. It just straight lacks the power to do much beyond check your e-mails.
i'd call UPS and tell them to intercept the package and have it sent back to the sender so you can get a refund

you would've been better off buying a mac
Nope.. Chromebooks are meant for extremely light things like web browsing. Don't expect to play anything on it. It goes without saying that the game would have to have the webclient enabled. But again, you need a solid computer to even run a webclient game at it's intended fps.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
Chromebooks are meant for extremely light things like web browsing.

they are indeed meant for extremely light things.

paper, for example, is very light, and chromebooks can act as a weight of sorts to hold down the paper so that the wind doesn't blow it away. so what are you waiting for? order your $250 paperweight today!
In response to EmpirezTeam
I'll take two :).
you guys crushed this man's hopes and dreams
In response to Zagros5000
Zagros5000 wrote:

In response to Zagros5000
Zagros5000 wrote:

Well to be fair, he bought a Chromebook.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Zagros5000 wrote:

Well to be fair, he bought a Chromebook.

Savage
I personally would never buy one, but you can get Chromebooks with i3 processor that have built in integrated Intel HD graphic cards. Some Chromebooks even have 4GB of ram. BYOND has pretty low end graphic, it would be surprising if it couldn't run on such a system.
you can get Chromebooks with i3 processor that have built in integrated Intel HD graphic cards.

BYOND has pretty low end graphic, it would be surprising if it couldn't run on such a system.

You should be surprised. Because BYOND basically shits the bed on I3s, I5s, I7s running integrated graphics, and AMD APUs.

Epoch can barely run at 11FPS on mid-range laptops running Intel HD graphics cards.

Don't buy anything and expect to play games on it if it doesn't have a discrete graphics card. A game being 2D or old doesn't mean that it will work well on substandard hardware with substandard driver support.

In response to Soldierman
Intel cards suck and run horribly on BYOND. Why do you think Lummox made it so that Nvidia and AMD are prioritized over Intel? also, the webclient, at this point in time, requires more power to run smoothly than DS. I happen to be able to play Severed World at 58 or so fps, but that's because I have a high end gaming PC. If you look around, you'll notice that people with less capable machines are experiencing borderline unplayable performance, if that.