In response to Ghost of ET
Because every competent team has at least 2 Mcrees, Widowmaker and a Lucio. Which are all confirmed getting nerfed.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
Abaddons ult doesn't activate on a killing blow. This means Iceblast and Culling Blade can both bypass it entirely. So can any source of damage that does enough damage to simply kill him. You can also prevent the passive part of it from triggering automatically with Doom (doom will also silence to prevent it from being manually used), Demonic Purge (with aghs for both) or Silver Edge.

You've entirely missed the point I was illustrating. It's almost like you're not comprehending the words coming out of my mouth.

For the umpteenth time, Fire Pokemon beat Water Pokemon but so do Eletrical types.
Another thing I'm starting to really dislike about Overwatch is this dumb tick rate. I've seen BYOND games feel better than this.
"20 tick rate is viable for competitive play" - Blizzard

Literally retarded.
Rushnut 1v1 me in bf 1942.
The Magic Man wrote:
Another thing I'm starting to really dislike about Overwatch is this dumb tick rate. I've seen BYOND games feel better than this.

mostly a non issue until competitive mode launches.
Actually just watched Angry Joe's review and he made me remember one thing I don't like about Overwatch, which was the price.

When I was first buying the game I kept only seeing the $59.99 price tag, I was like "HELL NO, NOT DOING THAT AGAIN." After I bought GW2 ( I even PRE purchased it to get a head start ) and saw that WvW was essentially 2 groups of players trying to out-fireball spam each other ( which made for a ton of lag even on good computers ), I was like "I PAID $60 FOR THIS? NEVER AGAIN."

I saw the $40 option and I was like "Okay, that's a bit more reasonable in case I get disappointed." I was also hesitant because as I pointed out, I generally don't enjoy Blizzard games. Overall though, I'd rather pay $40 and get all the heroes upfront and easily unlock skins just by playing rather than spend $25 on Pulsefire Ezreal or Spirit Guard Udyr. I also like that you have to pay to get into the game period, this also helps with toxicity. No ones going to talk a bunch of shit because no one wants to have to pay another $40 to get back in to play the game after they get banned.

Screw low priority and chat restrictions. Just make it B2P and let the nerds keep churning out $40 if they decide to be cunts. I can't imagine a better deterrent honestly.
Ghost of ET wrote:
Rushnut 1v1 me in bf 1942.

watch out, hes really good with an awp, hes elite globally

xd
In response to EmpirezTeam
Then you'll have to explain to me why I'm getting killed after entering cover, and why I'm getting killed by attacks that should not have hit me. Sometimes I'll even get killed when I should have killed them first.

And this is not a rare occurrence, it happens every game.
The Magic Man wrote:
Then you'll have to explain to me why I'm getting killed after entering cover, and why I'm getting killed by attacks that should not have hit me. Sometimes I'll even get killed when I should have killed them first.

Get better internet?

but but 60 fps 1080 p on consoles.
Internet doesn't matter when the games tick rate is lower than the tick rate in your average BYOND game.
I have it crossed through for a reaso... nvm forget it im going back to playing overwat. <3
The Magic Man wrote:

i meant you're playing unranked matches so it ultimately doesn't matter whether you lose or not, and that the issue will probably be fixed when theres a competitive mode introduced.

besides, you claim the game is super ez mode where the game does all the work for you, so just press the auto win button you claim exists and win the game. what do you care about a "tick rate"? you went from "game is the easiest thing in existence" to "im getting killed every game", something isn't adding up here.
Of course it matters. The game feels terrible to play at times. It doesn't matter whether it's competitive or not, that's just not acceptable.

And I mostly play Genji. Who is like the only character in the game without an auto aim ability, hit scan gun or with an instant kill ability. So tick rate is a pain in the ass for me. Especially when I'm using deflect and being killed because of that tiny delay.
The Magic Man wrote:
Of course it matters. The game feels terrible to play at times. It doesn't matter whether it's competitive or not, that's just not acceptable.

No one plays a game where they die uncontrollably due to lag multiple times per game. Similar to the auto-aim mechanics with certain hero ultimates, it doesn't affect the game as much as you claim it does. Over-exaggeration of a non-issue. This is why League has "Loss Prevention" when they detect server issues, because it has a competitive mode and people who try hard and take the game seriously aren't going to put up with losing promos because of lag. There's no competitive mode yet, so there's not really a bunch of tryharding going on yet.

Not only this, if tick rate is an issue for everyone, that means you yourself have gotten unfair kills on other players. Either way, the game is still casual at this point. This is why I stated in my OP that the fact people don't attempt to choose balanced teams is a non-issue because I'm losing MMR or anything as a result of it. If it was ranked and I had a team where 5 of my teammates were running around as Tracer, I'd be pissed off.

And I mostly play Genji. Who is like the only character in the game without an auto aim ability, hit scan gun or with an instant kill ability.

Genji is one of the most frequent earners of "play of the game" I've seen. If you're the only person who's finding it difficult to play him with good results, maybe you should switch your main to Bastion. I hear he's easier. :)
And this post pretty much confirms you don't actually play the game.
The Magic Man wrote:

Well, the game isn't written to be anti-you. So, it's safe to say every game you experience the same thing in your favor.

Maybe you're just bad.

In response to Lavenblade
I never said other people didn't experience this. I asked why am I experiencing it every game (and I've seen plenty of people complain about the same thing).

It's not acceptable for such a large budget game to have these kinds of issues.
I'm more concerned about competitive game modes and things like 76's auto-aim ult.

I kinda wish everything was skillshots. I'd be more bad of course but it would make the game so much more rewarding.
In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:
Maybe you're just bad.

Essentially, TMM is your typical self-centered MOBA nerd. Let me explain.

There's two types of players. Those who play to win, and those who play for KDA. Clearly, TMM is the latter. This is why he doesn't like the eliminations aspect of the game. Rather than share the glory of getting a kill with his teammates, he'd rather the game only notify him when HE gets the killing blow so he can feel like he's carrying and did all the work himself. This is also why he plays Genji because he perceives it as the "hardest hero in the game to play". That way, when he plays the hardest hero and does well, he can feel like he's some Overwatch god.

Another easy way to tell the two different types of players apart is what they shift blame to. Players who want to win are more likely to blame a loss on themselves. Players who only want a nice KDA are the types who immediately say:

- I lost because of "lag"
- I lost because the enemy was using easy heroes with easy abilities
- I lost because my team sucked
- I lost because the enemies were smurfing

They have an inability to perceive any given mistake as their own fault. In their minds, they can't possibly be the reason why they lost, it had to have been something else, a factor completely out of their control.

Notice how he also says he "mostly" plays Genji? That's funny, because most games I get into, my teammates have already locked in more than enough kill-oriented heroes, leading me to opt for something in the tank category in a lot of my games. This leads me to believe that just like in other similar games, tanks and supports are the least played roles and it's the TEAM PLAYERS who pick based on the needs of their team. TMM apparently picks based on the needs of his KDA and whatever will make him look the flashiest - why else would he "mostly" play Genji?

What we have here, ladies and gentleman, is a poor team player who hates that he spent $40 on a game that just so happens to not cater to his selfish mindset. He expected to be able to lone-wolf his way through every match, hoarding all the spotlight to himself to feel like some Overwatch superstar but got upset when he found out the game doesn't work that way at all. I think it's beautiful a game exists that's a complete and total turnoff to people like you. I've had to put up with playing alongside your kind since 2011 and it's a good thing I'll get to finally play a multiplayer game that doesn't attract you KDA kiddies.

Looking forward to some competitive matches with people who want to cooperate and work as a team rather than teammates who are just looking to rack up as many "killing blows" as they possibly can.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7