ID:2091432

Not a bug
BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 50.0.2661.102
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

When sending Multiple images to the client every other one doesn't show up correctly.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Send Multiple Images to the client in a row. I'm not 100% sure if it depends on size or not i didn't have a large sample of animations to choose from.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
var/image/I1 = new()
var/image/I2 = new()
var/image/I3 = new()

src << I1
src << I2
src << I3

Expected Results:

Images should show up to the client.

Actual Results:

Every other image loaded doesn't appear.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every other time.
In other games? Unknown
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?

When using byond version 510.1339 or earlier.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Byond version 510.1340 is when the issue started.

Workarounds:

Install an earlier version of byond.

I need a test case to investigate. Are you using 510.1345?
Currently I'm using byond 1339 but I have used 1345 and tested all of them inbetween. A few others and myself also tested versions 1340 up to 1345 and images are randomly not being loaded, someone mentioned them being loaded incorrectly but i'm not sure what they meant by it. As far as we are able to understand 510.1340 is the start of this problem. I think it may have something to do with this patch:

Images didn't always align their appearance changes with server map ticks, causing them to change, appear, or disappear out of sync if the client did a separate map tick. (Ter13)

I don't really have a demo or anything I can properly show this off unfortunately and from what I can tell it does it to a range of sizes so i don't think the size of the image matters. I think it has something to do with just sending images to players in a rapid fashion where some just don't show up entirely.
But I absolutely need a test case to investigate this. If I can't reproduce the problem, I can't fix it.
Just wanted to add here, the code snippet you provided won't reproduce the problem on its own, because you need for the image to have an icon and be attached to an object to appear at all. So not only do I not have a test case, but I don't have the information to build one.

If you can see this happening reliably in a particular game (not SS13, because no way is testing on that going to work well for this issue), then that might at least be a starting point.
Understandable. I'm currently going through things I have to see if I can make a proper demo for you that shows this problem.

Edit:

While testing the demo I found that the issue was not replicating itself. Testing with others seemed to have cleared up as well. I tested it with different versions of byond and found that when the code is compiled in the latest version but the server itself is not the latest version visual errors will occur with images. This isn't a byond bug just a compatibility bug with different versions of BYOND. It's worth noting in case anyone else comes across this problem.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)