ID:2091760

Not a bug
BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 50.0.2661.102
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
<Evsey9> I updated BYOND to 1345 and now all i get is a static blurry screen that doesn't update, or, well, updates on reconnect, how do i fix it?

I'm gonna refer the user to come here and post and answer questions, but i figured if I did the leg work of creating the thread for them it would be more likely that the thread actually get created and the bug fixed

Other details:

[07:30:22] <Evsey9> Reinstalling didn't work
[07:48:33] <~MrStonedOne> what version were you using before?
[07:48:41] <Evsey9> 510.1341
[07:48:51] <Evsey9> Problems started happening after 1342

I'd reckon a guess that the intel GPU selection dodad might be the cause.</<></<></<></<>&l t;/<>
</<></<></<></<>&lt;/ <>

Is the forum trying to compensate for all the < in the message?
yes, and that's most likely a hint as to how somebody could xss byond. (edit: maybe not)

I've already notified tobba so expect to see this page replaced with autoplaying youtube embeds of archer's "just the tip"
Im the user that is having problems.
Thanks for creating the thread, i didn't think to actually post it here at first.
Its generally better for users to go thru the game devs anyways as we know whats likely to be our fault and what isn't. Saves byond the trouble
hardware mode on or off?
...Where do i check that?
Hit F1 -> File -> Preferences. 3rd check box.
Oh, yeah, i thought hardware mode is that. It is on.
EDIT: I turned it off, and everything is alright now.
Everything alright except that i can't see ash when there is an ash storm in SS13.
ya, hardware mode is needed for ss13, so we still need to figure out that out. disabling it would also break lighting, but not as badly
I saw the effects few moments ago.
Got flamethrowered, lighting started spazzing out REALLY hard, then everything went fully black. Had to reconnect.
What kind of graphics hardware do you have?
1. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Drivers for both updated?
GeForce GTX 660 is not updated. I will update it now and report is it better or not
I updated the graphic drivers.
It works now.
#success
Nadrew resolved issue (Not a bug)
New GPU switching code was causing the client to use graphics hardware that wasn't up-to-date, not a bug on BYOND's end.