Resolved
CSS parsing could sometimes hang.
BYOND Version:509
Operating System:Windows 8
Web Browser:Chrome 50.0.2661.102
Applies to:Dream Daemon & Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When certain CSS is present in maptext, dreamseeker will hang, necessitating a forced closure of the program.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Set an object's maptext to include ''. (Well it's not showing up here but it does in the dm section.)
2) Display the object on the map.
3) Dreamseeker will be frozen. If hosted in dreamdaemon, the game will continue to run fine, but the client will hang indefinitely.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
obj
maptext
maptext_width=320
maptext_height=320
_1
maptext={"<style>big {filter: dropshadow(color=#2B2025, OffX=1, OffY=1, Positive=1) filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Glow(color= #000000 strength=1);}</style><font color=red>Enjoy your freeze!</font>"}

Expected Results:
Game ignores the invalid css and doesn't freeze.

Actual Results:
Anyone the object is displayed to is frozen.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? I've tested in a simple test environment and in a bigger game. It occurs in both.
In other user accounts? Can't test.
On other computers? This issue was reported to me by a player and seems to be consistent.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When the above css is not present in maptext.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Don't know.

Workarounds:
Don't put the CSS in maptext or remove it somehow, which isn't ideal.
Version 509 is to old at this point upgrade to the new stable 510 please and see if problem persists.
Please retest this in 510. 509 is no longer the official stable version, and I can't remember if the most recent fixes to the HTML/CSS parsers were done since then. It's entirely possible this problem has been fixed already.
I found the cause of this issue and it will be resolved in the next release. Please note 509 is no longer the current version, so you should upgrade as soon as possible.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
CSS parsing could sometimes hang.