ID:2091952

I've never hosted a game in my life and for the remainder of my life, I assume I still never will. I make maps for Proelium and I have never as much as even hosted one for my brothers and I to play together. This is depressing. I've done every guide I know of and I can't figure it out. I might need like.... a Skype walkthrough or something as I explain what is going on. I can't stand this anymore. I want to host. I can't though.

My router is a WRT54G Linksys. I've done this static IP stuff and more and I just can't simply host anything. What's going on? Why? ]=
I'm assuming you've done this already.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ Linksys/WRT54G/BYOND_Dream_Seeker_Host.htm

Even if you have, try it again. I remember when I was port forwarding for the first time years ago, mine didn't work the first time either, but that was because I forgot one of the steps.
I have. :/ ... Not asking you specifically, but if anyone can get me like.... screenshots of their setups, I might be able to figure it out. Like.... setups of the dream daemon, router and network connection stuff where it is all working.

I have a headache trying it for the passed two hours. I need a break.
Maybe in a bit, I'll take a few screens myself.
I had that same exact router once; port forwarding was pretty straightforward.
All I have to do to port forward is open my browser and type 192.168.0.1 and then it asks me for a username and password and I just put "admin" and "password" then I look for a port forwarding section and go there.

Then it asks me for a start port and an end port so I enter 7000 and 8000 then it asks me for a Local IP so to get that I click the windows key and type CMD, open CMD, type ipconfig /all in the black window that appears. Then somewhere there is says "IP v4 Address" and that is what I enter for the Local IP. Then I click Add on the Port Forwarding section.

Then I can host. I don't have to mess with Dream Daemon or anything else.
Reminder that there is a request up for upnp automated port forwarding that would make all these threads moot
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
Reminder that there is a request up for upnp automated port forwarding that would make all there threads moot

In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
I had that same exact router once; port forwarding was pretty straightforward.

I had WRT54GL and portforwarding was a pain. I had the right setup and it still managed to not work. My new router is easy to set up ports on all devices without even having a static ip. Of course, when the local IP changes problems occur. But, you get the point.

Ter13 wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:
Reminder that there is a request up for upnp automated port forwarding that would make all there threads moot