Land of Fire

by Pixelcomet
Land of Fire
An atmospheric, anime inspired role playing game.
ID:2092683

(EPIC Ward Art brought to you by SulLight!)

Hello again, another week of updates brought to you by the awesome team at LoF!

We're still working on finishing the Ward class. This week we've gotten through the Ward's fire techniques (with only one more to go).

Fireball -

Launches a Fireball that explodes on impact. The explosion scatters embers across the ground. Coming into contact with the embers causes burns.

Flame Bullet Storm -

Spawns 5 rotating Fireballs around you. They will launch towards any nearby enemies, leaving fires when destroyed.

Flame Thrower -

Fires a channeled line of fire. Continuously deals fire damage while consuming chakra.

There's still a few more fire abilities that are still in the works, so I'll show off some full on fire elemental combo gifs when they're ready next week.

Last week I wasn't able to show case another neutral Ward ability because it was still in the process of being worked on.

Dashing -

Here's what kiting as a Ward looks like including the Body Flicker ability.

There's still a few more elements to knock down for Wards before they're ready and we can move onto other classes, including a Ward's Seishin, spirit companions that aid you in battle. More detail on Seishins will be revealed as we get to them. Oh and expect some very sparky effects next week!

SulLight will be working on completing that wonderful Ward piece, and continue by finishing up a piece for each class. If you like his art, check him out at http://ignuton1994-x.deviantart.com/
And if you haven't already, you can check out an old piece he did for Land of Fire at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwFXE8YrDyw in speed paint form. He'll be recording the next class pieces he makes so we'll be sure to upload those in speed paint form as well!

Zane won't let me share the awesome map he has in the works, so hopefully your pretty eyes get to set on those next week. All I can say is, I cannot wait to move around in whatever he has cooking up.

I say this every dev log now, but we really are getting closer and closer to release with each one (duh), and I honestly can't wait to see everything come together in the end! I'll see all you next week!

If you haven't gotten around to it, check out our social media hubs. We post frequently on WIP stuff throughout the week.

Be sure to check our website out!

http://lofrp.com
Good stuff. The game's really coming together! :)

Critique: It looks a bit weird how the ward's repulse technique stops following the caster a little bit sooner than it is ready to fire off. I suggest making it stay following you until the exact moment it fires off.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
Good stuff. The game's really coming together! :)

Critique: It looks a bit weird how the ward's repulse technique stops following the caster a little bit sooner than it is ready to fire off. I suggest making it stay following you until the exact moment it fires off.

Glad you like it. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that critique. It follows you and spins around you until it fires off.
Wow... This looks really amazing :o

Any general release date for beta,test or any kind of that?
In the gif that repulse is show it was fire immediately so it looks like a really wierd loop lol

Edit: we have a general idea for when we will be able to put something up for people to test but I don't really want to give any dates since people like to hold those against you.

Once we add our second class, tie up lose ends with character progression you can expect us to schedule alpha tests.
good work again this week and im loving that art. The character in the art kinda reminds me of eren from attack on titan
amazing as always, keep up the great work.
Looks great! I love the high quality and detail of your techniques. Especially that dashing looks epic.

Questions: Can the ward burn from his own ember?
Whats the difference between Flame Bullet Storm and Repulse?

Small critique:
I think you should be consistent within your techniques. The fireball is shot from the mouth region wheras the flamethrower comes from the hand. You should decide on one body part thats producing fire. Even though these games take place in a parallel universe where our logic doesn't apply, they should still make sense as a whole.

//Either I'm shooting my fire with my hands or I need to use my lungs.//
:)
In response to Shellfisch
Shellfisch wrote:
Questions: Can the ward burn from his own ember?

No they cannot, nor can their party members.

Shellfisch wrote:
Whats the difference between Flame Bullet Storm and Repulse?

Flame Bullet Storm fire 5 projectiles that only fire when a nearby enemy is within 3 tiles of the projectile. It auto launches towards that enemy so it can't be aimed by the user. They also don't bounce off enemies or objects like repulse, but leave a fire on the ground.

Shellfisch wrote:
Small critique:
I think you should be consistent within your techniques. The fireball is shot from the mouth region wheras the flamethrower comes from the hand. You should decide on one body part thats producing fire. Even though these games take place in a parallel universe where our logic doesn't apply, they should still make sense as a whole.

You're actually right, Wards are supposed to only be able to shoot fire from their hands, which I need to change for fireball.
Great, thanks for the fast reply.
Keep the good work up
Rogue Class Drawing mockup
In response to SulLight
SulLight wrote:

so gifted :)!
In response to SulLight
impressive girl ninja
Ishuri wrote:
Dashing -

Truly astonishing work. The stuff I've imagined is now real.
In response to SulLight
SulLight wrote:

not gunna lie thats fap material