ID:2093761

BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 46.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I've attached images to every turf(horrifying I know)
When I add some of the images to the clients images list, they become unable to mouse over or click any obj on that turf, because it ends up clicking the turf instead.
The image layer has been set to 0/1, mouse_opacity set to 0, nothing seems to get it to behave again other than removing the image from the screen.
I have the feeling it was programmed like that on purpose (I had to change some stuff in my game after realizing this). However, it would be nice if you could decide if the image you're adding to an atom is the one that receives mouse functions.
Images do not have their own mouse_opacity. They have the mouse_opacity of the parent atom.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
I said I used mouse_opacity to try and resolve the issue but it did nothing. It acts like the image is on top of everything, causing any input to be sent to what the image is attached to even if the image layer is below everything else.
Hrm. Yeah, the layer being below the turf wouldn't make sense that the image would grab the mouse, unless you've given it a higher plane. But if you can't see the image because it's behind the turf, the turf can't grab the mouse. What you're describing isn't actually possible with the mouse code, so I think you're observing something different.

The mouse code steps backwards through all of the icons being displayed, in order, so it will hit on the top ones first. If the top icon happens to belong to an /image, at this point the code doesn't know that and assumes the image is actually just an overlay on its parent object (hence why it uses the parent's mouse_opacity).

Please note, the image will not use FLOAT_PLANE by default, so if you haven't specified that under /image, you should do so. If your atom is on a negative plane or something, that would completely explain the issue. (I do wonder if it's feasible to make images use FLOAT_PLANE by default.)
Sorry for taking so long to reply, been really busy.
The image wasn't visible because it rendered below the turf but the mouse input acted like it was on top of everything and thus clicked the image which Click()ed the turf.
I still don't understand how the mouse input could act like the image was above the turf when it rendered below; the mouse code acts in reverse order and should be incapable of doing that.

If you can give me a test case I'll happily take a look.
I'll coax up a test, might be a bit though.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Open'
Reopening for now.
Since isolating it, I've been able to figure out the issue: Its only happening because I was setting the images layer to 0 instead of 1, which may in itself be a bug but is unrelated to what I thought was the issue at first.