ID:2099621

BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 51.0.2704.84
Applies to:Game on Byond

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary: When I attempt to play Space Station 13 on Byond I get a white screen covering the entire play area.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Open byond and try to play Space Station 13

Expected Results:Being able to see the play area

Actual Results: White screen fun block
http://i.imgur.com/V71JTMK.png

Does the problem occur:every time I try to play a game
Every time? Or how often?every
In other games?no
In other user accounts?yes
On other computers? unknown

When does the problem NOT occur?unknown

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? I was able to play with my old computer two years ago but I have upgraded to a new computer

Workarounds:none known

for those wondering, this is citadel station 13 they get it at (based on the screen shot)

killer could you confirm you are running the stable version of 510 and not the beta, 510.1345 is the stable version, the one before it, 510.1344 has demonstrated bugs with icons in ss13

after that, could you open up start menu and search for dxdiag and run that, and show us the display1 and (if any) display2 tabs.
This certainly has nothing to do with a byond bug fyi
I'm willing to be open-minded about its bug status. This seems to happen for some people enough that I'd like to know why.
Enable hardware rendering
Oh, if it's just that people are only seeing the lighting plane because of hardware mode being off, yeah, that's not a bug.
Normally this would be caused by some SS13 lighting systems that are using BLEND_MULTIPLY on a (initially) white lighting objects over a tile.
Its because software rendering doesn't blend alpha at all
In response to Somepotato
Somepotato wrote:
Its because software rendering doesn't blend alpha at all

Software rendering does blend alpha. But it doesn't do the multiplicative blend mode.
Thats weird, had issues with alpha blending in the past; but that makes more sense.
There is a byond bug where players running 1344 connected to a server running 1345 will get random icon mix ups where they swap or are not present.
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
There is a byond bug where players running 1344 connected to a server running 1345 will get random icon mix ups where they swap or are not present.

I wouldn't call anything about mixing betas a bug as such; people using a beta should upgrade to the most recent beta, or stable if it's more recent than that.
"A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result,"

A user being on an old beta is user error.
it is a bug with that beta, that is fixed in the stable version, thus the beta is bugged.
Go I was using Byond 510.1345 but I didnt know about the hardware rendering

I found a solution on Reddit that told me to turn off graphics hardwear for maps and that seems to fix it

Thanks for your help
That would indicate your graphics drivers are causing the problem, I recommend updating those and trying again in hardware rendering mode. Software rendering mode is quite a lot slower and lacks some features that hardware rendering includes (multiplicative blending for instance, which is used in most dynamic lighting systems)
I'll try that thanks