ID:2103415

Hi.

I've been having an interesting problem for the past few months. Starting from April, I believe, I've been faced with a complete lack of sound while playing BYOND games. The games function as intended, but there is no sound. I've tried installing older versions of BYOND, restarting, installing BYOND in different folders, none of it works. The regular BYOND application has all the notification sounds. This is just a problem with games. I've got the sinking suspicion that it might be related to caching, but I'm fairly certain I've got enough space.

I run on Windows 7 and I use headphones.
Do you have "Download music and sounds" checked under the "Games" tab on the pager preferences?
I am fairly certain that is checked in my preferences. I've tried checking and unchecking it, too.
This can be a system problem. It's possible your system has the wrong sound output setup as its default.
In response to Lummox JR
How can I go about fixing it, then?
Check out your sound settings in the control panel.
Yeah. Fairly certain my sound settings are fine.
Up on this, had this problem with the last conflict around april. Sound is back though for the last conflict for some reason. However, i recently purchased nestalgia nad there is no sound. i have already checked volume mixer etc.
im using windows 10
Just wanted to verify and say this is something I've also experienced with Feed on two separate occasions. Sound wasn't disabled in preferences and the windows volume mixer pane showed it as though it was on and playing sound, but no sound was coming out.

The instances happened weeks apart and i haven't had an issue with it on other games, but sound came back upon reconnecting. Also on Windows 10.

(both times only happened when connecting to a hosted session of Feed, not a local session -- last time this happened was about a week ago)