icon = 'Bottom Header.png'
screen_loc = "4:6,1:22"
layer = MOB_LAYER+999999999

OutputPanel
icon = 'Output panel.png'
screen_loc = "29:2,1:14"
layer = MOB_LAYER+99999999

Problem description:
So this is how i Programmed my HUD/interface for my game onto the map. It worked perfectly fine when i was using BYOND Build 509.something(or whatever) and then as soon as i updated to the newest version of BYOND all my huds disappear and the map overlays them, no matter what i set the layer to....anyone have an idea of whats possibly wrong? or is there a bug or something?

Even the pixel movement/platform system in the game begins to mess up. So something is going on in the layersprocess.
If anything, I expected this to be the other way around; HUD elements are (should be) always drawn above map elements as of 510.x, so this seems like a backwards result of that update. Might be unrelated to layer specifically, maybe something else broke that makes them not display.
those r sum big numbers
Best response
The latest BYOND updates made all layers higher than a certain level act as BACKGROUND_LAYER objects, you need to lower the numbers on those layers to something reasonable and your problem will go away.
What do you think is a reasonable amount? I noticed, some did overlay and some didn't
Issue solved. thanks guys! Didn't know about this new BACKGROUND_LAYER concept.
In response to Mf2
Mf2 wrote:
What do you think is a reasonable amount? I noticed, some did overlay and some didn't

I'd say anything below 100.