Land of Fire

by Pixelcomet
Land of Fire
An atmospheric, anime inspired role playing game.
ID:2104264

Hey guys! Ishuri back again with another devlog this week! This week we get to show off the long anticipated Rogue class! Cunning and stealthy, the Rogue class is perfect for players looking to sneak up on enemies and unleash a flurry of attacks and combos up close. Also, who doesn't like wielding katanas?

To start this off this week, I'd like to share the first weapon Rogues will be capable of using, and man does it feel awesome to run around with!

Katanas

At the moment Katanas only have a single combo move consisting of 2 attacks. They will be getting the same treatment as unarmed fighting, complete with heavy attacks and fun chain-able combos. This is also one of 2 weapons Rogues are able to wield. The other will be revealed at a later date.

Stealth

Become temporarily invisible outside the enemy's vision radius. Using abilities excluding Blind Side will break stealth.

Just a couple of points about stealth.
-To other players, you will be completely invisible outside your stealth radius. Party members will still be able to see you.
-Taking damage within 1 second after activating stealth will cancel it. This is to help prevent stealthing during fights or combos.
-Using Blind Side will grant you Stealth Immunity for 0.5 seconds. This prevents you from being seen within your stealth radius. Breaking stealth will cancel this.
-NPCs are unable to target you/chase you outside your stealth radius.
-Taking any damage will break stealth.
-Running into any unfriendly mobs will break stealth. Running into party members will not break stealth.

Blind Side

Dash forward. During the dash you are granted 0.5 seconds Stealth Immunity. Blind Side can only be used while stealthed.

Flurry

Strike rapidly with weapon. Up to 5 strikes over 1 second.

Cleave

Swing your weapon in a large arc leaving damaged ground. The damaged ground deals AoE damage to all inside the cracked ground.

I think I'll avoid announcing PvP videos and the likes until we actually do them. Although we do have something really special in the works, and I personally can't wait to share it with all of you!

Luke has been hard at work preparing our "secret project" for Land of Fire, this is what he's done so far!

There's more but I can't really share them yet. I look forward to showing you guys more of what Rogues are capable of next week, as well as a little more of Luke's work! Until then, it's back to my mental cubicle, see you all next week!
Beautiful!
another great week of work! btw will there be different types of weapons or will there only be melee weapons like swords? keep up with the good work!
there will be a bunch of different weapons ranging from daggers to heavy giant swords and what not, i think we made a post in one of our other devlogs

there you go :D
we'll have more later on
All those weapons and still failed to include the greatest ninja weapon ever.

Kusarigama.

SMH.
Another amazing log, that blindside looks so good. keep it up
Blind Side Looks OP , I hope people can't stealth in combat. If they can, that's fine so long as blindside aint spammable like that :o.

Personally, I'd stay stealth the entire fight, blindside to run away and come back to lower people health, and run away, rinse, wash, repeat. I wonder what you guys will come up with to balance the blindside and stealthing abilities. Maybe even stealth detection.

So I can see people so long as I am in their Blue Circle? And will backstabbing enemies or my first attack in stealth do additional or extra damage?
In response to Sakimaru
Sakimaru wrote:
Blind Side Looks OP , I hope people can't stealth in combat. If they can, that's fine so long as blindside aint spammable like that :o.

They cannot. If they're attacked within 1 second of the stealth activating, the stealth will cancel.

Sakimaru wrote:
Personally, I'd stay stealth the entire fight, blindside to run away and come back to lower people health, and run away, rinse, wash, repeat. I wonder what you guys will come up with to balance the blindside and stealthing abilities. Maybe even stealth detection.

You can't stay stealthed the entire fight. The moment you attack, are attacked, or ran into, stealth will cancel. You also can't use blind side unless you are stealthed. And since you'll be in combat and cannot stealth if you are being attacked, you won't be able to blind side away from the fight or rinse/repeat.

Sakimaru wrote:
So I can see people so long as I am in their Blue Circle?

Yes, you can see stealthed people if you are within their blue circle.

Sakimaru wrote:
And will backstabbing enemies or my first attack in stealth do additional or extra damage?

Good point, it should. I'll discuss with Zane about it.
In response to SulLight
oh nice! can wait! theres even madaras weapon!