ID:2111329

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
So I have a projectile system working that shoots at whatever I click. Great!

However that's not all I need. What I need is for players to be able to hold down their mouse button to continuously shoot and then move their mouse to change where they're aiming.

Doesn't sound too hard right? All I have to do is use MouseMove() right..? Well it does everything I need with the caveat that it only works when 'no mouse buttons are pressed'

Considering that's the only time I want it to work... You can see why this is just slightly getting me irritated.

What else can I do? Players would scoff at a game where you have to sit clicking continuously when it can so obviously be automated. Maybe I just didn't read the fine print clearly enough.

Best response
MouseDrag() is the function you're looking for. Normally, MouseDrag() is only called when the mouse moves from one atom to the next (with any mouse buttons pressed). However, if MouseMove() is also defined, then MouseDrag() is called when the mouse moves within atoms, too.
Still looking for a solution if anyone can help please. Thank you.
In response to Zecronious
Kaiochao wrote:
MouseDrag() is the function you're looking for. Normally, MouseDrag() is only called when the mouse moves from one atom to the next (with any mouse buttons pressed). However, if MouseMove() is also defined, then MouseDrag() is called when the mouse moves within atoms, too.
I have Kaiochao blocked. Thanks for reiterating.

I'll give that a go and see what I can do.
Zecronious wrote:
I have Kaiochao blocked. Thanks for reiterating.

I'll give that a go and see what I can do.

why would you have kaiochao blocked.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:

In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
Super Saiyan X wrote:

In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Fugsnarf wrote:
Super Saiyan X wrote:

I would answer that but it would lead to this thread devolving into something unintended and probably getting locked.
Zecronious wrote:
I would answer that but it would lead to this thread devolving into something unintended and probably getting locked.

And it hasn't already?

But yeah, what they said.