ID:2111908

(See the best response by Ganite.)
Q1: Why my death -> ANIMATION <- emotes won't play? (p.s pallette icon death emotes play)

Code (Where I am assigning my deathAnim variable with the icon_state of the src on death):

proc
DeathCheck()
if (src.HP <= 0)
src.icon_state = deathAnim
sleep(30)
experience += expAmount
del(src)

Code (An example of a pallette icon state and an animated icon state):
mob
/**
* Ant NPC Data
*/

Ant
icon = 'ant.dmi'
icon_state = "stand"
deathAnim = "death_emote"
desc = "Yuck! It's squashing time!"
expAmount = 5
HP = 50
defence = 0;

/**
* Black Widow NPC Data
*/

Black_Widow
icon = 'black_widow.dmi'
icon_state = "stand"
deathAnim = "death_emote"
desc = "I hope it doesn't bite me!"
expAmount = 55
HP = 550
defence = 0

Ok to save people time, my ant does not have any animations at all, it was the first icon I created from doing a tutorial into DM. The black widow however is one that has walk animations and I made it death animations (I made death animations for every single direction)

TLDR; I'm wondering why the ant has the death animation showing while the black widow does not?
P.S: Each icon is named "stand" and "death_emote" respectively.

PICTURES:
[img]http://prntscr.com/bpkt7w[/img]
[img]http://prntscr.com/bpktb9[/img]
[img]http://prntscr.com/bpkthe[/img]

Broken links.
In response to GreatPirateEra
Fixed sorry for inconvenience
Best response
Its because you have death state set as a movement state
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Its because you have death state set as a movement state

Thank you worked.

As a reference to anyone who has problem:

For your death anim if you have Movement State box checked then it doesn't work.

While I have you here do yuo know if it's possible to move an icon.dmi file from it's current directory to a new one? I'm repackaging my project and want npcs in res/npc/*.dmi but drag and drop and ctrl + c / ctrl + v does not work
You'd need to do it in the Windows file explorer then hit the 'refresh' button in Dream Maker (or do it with Dream Maker closed).

Don't forget to update the references to the file inside of your code afterwards.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
You'd need to do it in the Windows file explorer then hit the 'refresh' button in Dream Maker (or do it with Dream Maker closed).

Don't forget to update the references to the file inside of your code afterwards.

Ha, thanks. I overlooked that. Very nice people in this community!
In response to Nirvana1994
Nirvana1994 wrote:
Very nice people in this community!
Huh?
In response to Lavenblade
I chuckled.
In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:
Nirvana1994 wrote:
Very nice people in this community!
Huh?

?

It wasn't sarcastic. Everyone who I met on this forum so far has been nice. I've never played a BYOND game so from that standpoint I can't make a judgement for that
In response to Nirvana1994
It wasn't sarcastic. Everyone who I met on this forum so far has been nice. I've never played a BYOND game so from that standpoint I can't make a judgement for that

The people who frequent this forum and those who play the games are largely two different groups, so you're good.

Anyway, pay no attention to that.
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:

The people who frequent this forum and those who play the games are largely two different groups, so you're good.

Anyway, pay no attention to that.

Yeah, plan on it haha