Land of Fire

by Pixelcomet
Land of Fire
An atmospheric, anime inspired role playing game.
In response to Pixelcomet
After hearing you say that about questioning yourself, I have to step in here and say that if it helps fight that off any I actually take a great deal of inspiration from you, Zane, and a select few others around here that work on games like LoF and Eternia. In fact, I would not be exaggerating to say my art has been slowly starting to improve considerably over the past year, and that is solely because of seeing all the different things you all have done. Though really it's my projects as a whole, but either way you do great work.

And now with that aside, things look a lot better with the new image. The grass really didn't tile well before, but it does now. The side waterfall is my favorite part, but the attention to detail is excellent. I do still prefer the other forest screen shot, probably partly because I love darker things, but I'd wager (and like if it's true) that this is one map and that is simply another so it's all good.

That would mean each one has a good distinct feel and looks to it, too.
Thanks. What I actually meant is that I struggle with mild depression and from time to time I hit these really low points where I don't like anything I make and always compare my work to other artists. It's part of the reason alot of my past projects have went belly up. But as I get older I get better at dealing with it.

Anyhow My main goal is to have each area present a different type of vibe.
You're welcome. Ah, that makes more sense. Seems that type of thing is a struggle for more and more people nowadays, unfortunately.

That's a solid goal. It definitely explains the three screen shots being so different, and should make exploration better.
This game looks amazing! A suggestion I have for the intro animation would be to have the scroll unravel as it appears rather than just sliding down already unraveled.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
This game looks amazing! A suggestion I have for the intro animation would be to have the scroll unravel as it appears rather than just sliding down already unraveled.

This is an awesome idea, I'm gonna try to do this!
I love the scroll idea. It's hard to say without seeing more characters, but I feel like there should be a lightning strike in the background as one of the classes appears. The one on the right makes me think of this for some reason.. Though, I wonder if an effect for every class might be possible. Would probably be overkill, though.
Gotta let that motivate you! Let the Power of Youth explode!
Page: 1 2 3