ID:2112439

I can't seem to get SS13 running, I select the server, the 'connecting' screen shows up, and then it either vanishes all together, still running in the task manager, or it plays the ad, and then remains on that screen, frozen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but nothing happened.
Bump, I have a friend having the same exact issue.

He's uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted his game files and cache, attempted to connect to other servers (some actually work, some still don't), we've disabled his firewall and his antivirus has BYOND added to his exceptions.

He also attempted to join the server while under a different internet connection in a different state, and a new BYOND account. He has had luck with neither.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same problem. I have also added byond to the exceptions to my firewall, attempted to connect with byond 509, 510, and the latest beta build. I have asked for help from a server admin and they appear to see me connect but for some reason byond either does not respond after the ad or disappears. I am running windows 10 and I have checked to see if the security update from earlier this year that caused problems with byond was present and it was not. the theory that was thrown out was that it has something to do with having more than one active graphics card but messing around with that does not seem to solve the problem. I would be thankful for any help.
another interesting note is I can join other games just fine. and the SS13 server "yogstation" appears to work with no problems. so it is something that other servers have running that yogstation does not use.
Small word of clarification, this is only happening on games that heavily rely on hardware rendering for fancy lighting which in this case is GoonStation.

I've been able to see DrBee connect, but it seems that DreamSeeker is unable to properly select one of his two video cards.
In response to ErikHanson
Same here, and seeing yourr comment makes me think...does it doesnt work because I have a laptop with 2 gpus?
Same problem. My laptop has two GPUs and disabling one of them didn't help
ok, so try to tweak the settings of your graphics card using it's control center, some times it will even let you make profiles for applications. the goal is to see if you can make the driver force byond to run on a certain graphics card.

This issue might be coming from the fact that the game will start to render on the low power graphics card, then launch the map control, and now part of the program is rendering on the gaming graphics card (because the graphics card will detect it as a game and not a normal application). if you can find a way to force it to load the game on one or the other, and keep it there, that should fix your issue.
In response to MrStonedOne
THats great advice but....how do I do that? I've got a GTX950M, how can I do what you said?Where do I find my graphics card control center?
In response to Johntheguy
Nope, I found how to do that graphics card thing but it doesnt work...
Hey, I had similar issues yesterday too, but then I figured it out. :D

If you haven't already, download the Byond client for your correct operating system. You may want to uninstall, redownload, and reinstall, just in case.

I have Windows 7 on a Dell laptop. If on a Windows PC, right click the Byond.exe in your installed Byond folder. Click on the Troubleshoot Compatibility button. Then try configuring to Windows XP Pack 2 or 3 (I used 2, and it worked). Test run the program. If a black Byond client window shows up, then confirm with the Windows Troubleshoot Compatibility option to save your settings for the Byond program on Windows XP Pack 2 or 3. Your client should now work.

To log-in, click on log-in and then type in your username and password (it was confusing that it said "Guest", but just click on the textbox with the name Guest in it and type in your username, then password).

Now you should be logged in. If you've never played a Byond game before, you probably won't have any games in your Game list.

Now that you have Byond up and running, you should go back to the Byond webpage of the game you want to play. For me, when I clicked "Play Now", it didn't work (I was on Chrome and IE). On Chrome, I discovered that I could right-click on the Play Now button and open up a new tab. You'll see an address that looks something like this in your URL (this isn't for SS13, but is just an example): byond://BYOND.world.1290433459##webid=86b9c77bde673e3c1f67bf cc4c89ace8b63be76fb4e172d3

Copy (Ctrl+C) the byond:// address that appears in your URL box. Now go back to your Byond client. Click on the left-most "File" tab at the top of your client, then click "Open...". Paste (Ctrl+V) in the address you copied earlier. Then press enter. It should then open up your new game! Hope this helps!
Sorry, I don't give out my personal Skype. What OS do you have?
In response to Gozoo
Windows 10