ID:2113128

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
Ok so if you want me to make a new thread I will. I just assumed a seasoned byond developer should be able to answer most in one go instead of spamming the forums.

1) How to I wrap text with winset? I am using 3 seperate labels cause I couldn't figure it out. (By wrap text I mean the equivalent of new line "\n")
So this is my code currently:
     Login()
var/savefile/F = new(ckey)
Read(F)
usr.Move(locate(55,27,1))
icon_state = gender
PLAYERS.Add(src)
winset(src, "usernameLabel", "text = [src.key]")
winset(src, "rankLabel", "text = Administrator")
winset(src, "goldLabel", "text = [usr.gold] gold")
world << "<b>[usr] has logged in!"
..()

http://prntscr.com/bqkvi3

As you can see I am using 3 separate labels instead of 1 since I couldn't figure it out. Also for some reason after a variable or a colon the rest of the text does not seem to appear so clarification on that would be appreciated for future reference.

2) Making game screen bigger? I have a custom interface set up and in the following screenshot is what I mean. (P.S: Do not mind the runescape sprites they are simply there to remind me what each button is. I would NEVER release a game without having proper asset licensing!)

http://prntscr.com/bqkvi3

3) Is there any code examples on how big icons are used? It is a necessity for my game that i use larger tree sprites, among other resources needed to be above 32 x 32, and couldn't see any examples on the docs.

*BONUS QUESTION* 4) Is it possible to have a minimap system in byond? I know it's a stretch but I am curious if it's actually possible to render a minimap that scrolls with player movement, similar to runescape's.

http://prntscr.com/bqkwjc
Best response
1) "\n" should work, but the entire string isn't being shown because of other formatting issues. This is why "gold" isn't showing up.

Probably the safest solution:
winset(src, "labelID", list2params(list("param" = "value")))

See the DM Reference entry for winset() for more information. The DM Reference is also built into Dream Maker; access it with F1.
(also you're mixing up usr and src in your Login() proc, just fyi)

2) Set client.view at runtime to fit your map element on resize.

Ter13 has a tutorial on this.

3. There's nothing special you have to do for big icons. They just work automatically, unless you're using the old world.map_format = TILED_ICON_MAP, which is not default.

DM Reference entry on using big icons
DM Reference entry on using tiled icons

4. DarkCampainger's Interface Minimap library might help.
winset(src,"window","text=\"String")
In response to Kozuma3
Kaiochao wrote:
1) "\n" should work, but the entire string isn't being shown because of other formatting issues. This is why "gold" isn't showing up.

Probably the safest solution:
> winset(src, "labelID", list2params(list("param" = "value")))
>

See the DM Reference entry for winset() for more information. The DM Reference is also built into Dream Maker; access it with F1.
(also you're mixing up usr and src in your Login() proc, just fyi)

2) Set client.view at runtime to fit your map element on resize.

Ter13 has a tutorial on this.

3. There's nothing special you have to do for big icons. They just work automatically, unless you're using the old world.map_format = TILED_ICON_MAP, which is not default.

DM Reference entry on using big icons
DM Reference entry on using tiled icons

4. DarkCampainger's Interface Minimap library might help.
1) I went with Kozuma's method posted above me, thanks though. If you have any arguments thta make list2params better in this case I am up to hear it. :)

2) Thank you for the link I'll be sure to try that out!
UPDATE: I have a view var that was automatically in my new environment.
world
view = 6

So that makes the amount of tiles show more, but simply zooms out the camera rather than removing the black on my screen. is that the same var as client/view?
http://prntscr.com/bqlm02

UPDATE 2: I couldn't figure out how to use that code in there. :[ It made my game screen so it zoomed in all the way to 1 tile so i could only see my player and did not change the width of my map view :[

3) I am a brand new BYOND developer, so I would not likely have old code. However, icon files are 32x32 px for me. I have not seen anywhere within the icon creation where it allows me to edit the size of the image. All I have is icon_size var from my environment which is 32. I would like to keep the size as 32 though as I've created a 7000+ tile detailed map

4) Thanks! I'll be sure to bookmark that and come back to it once I futher my skills and knowledge in BYOND! Follow up question after lookign at it is does it allow you to use your map from your map file rather than drawing one in your new window pane? (At least that's what I thought i saw in the advertisement pic)

@Kozuma:

That worked, thanks! Is there any way do space them out properly because I would rather not make myself learn a bad habit such as the following:
winset(src, "infoLabel", "text =\"[src.key]         Rank: Administrator    Gold: [src.gold]")

(By bad habit I mean spacing out the text to force wrapping even though there's features for line wrapping I'm not using with this)