ID:2115638

Resolved
Gamepad input didn't actually work right at all due to a different setting in release mode.
BYOND Version:511.1348
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 51.0.2704.103
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
In Gamepad Setup, if my gamepad is on before it opens, it is detected as "Controller (Xbox One For Windows)". This is good.

In Gamepad Setup, none of the controller inputs actually do anything. I can't change any controls or Button/Axis. This might be intentional?

In Gamepad Mapping, it appears that I should be able to move around in a basic world using my controller, but still, none of the controller inputs do anything.
If you click on one of the input lines, like Face 1 for example, and press a button, nothing happens?
In response to Lummox JR
Correct.
In response to Kaiochao
And here I thought it was something wrong on my end..
Well shoot. GPE, are you using the same controller, or something different?

I found this post regarding XBox One controllers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/4954t9/ microsoft_break_xbox_one_controller_driver_for/

I actually passed up the chance to buy one of these controllers earlier this evening at Best Buy. It was the only controller they had for PCs, which is shameful.
This issue is still occurring for me with both a 360 controller and a ps4 controller.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
This issue is still occurring for me with both a 360 controller and a ps4 controller.

I don't know if the PS4 controller has a DirectInput driver by default; the 360 controller ought to work, I would think.
In response to Bravo1
Okay, this appears to be something wrong in the build. I didn't retest the gamepad foo in release mode but it's behaving very wrongly there even with the same controller that worked in debug mode, so something is up.

I bet this might be related to a flag set on the joystick acquisition. I'll do some research into this.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Gamepad input didn't actually work right at all due to a different setting in release mode.
you used a comma in the resolved version, so this won't show up in the changelog when you finally release the build.
Thanks.