ID:2115794

I've been using Dream Daemon to host a Space Station 13 server, but today when I when I opened it and clicked "go," it merely stopped responding. I waited for several minutes, thinking it could just be loading, but nothing happened. I tried updating BYOND (my version was one behind,) but that did not seem to accomplish anything.

I have tried changing the port, running as an administrator, and even re-compiling the server using Dream Maker. I have not tried hosting servers for any other games.

If anyone could offer some help with this problem, I would really appreciate it, thanks.

EDIT: I have also tried unblocking it from the firewall, and even completely disabling my firewall, neither had any effect.

EDIT2: I ended up getting it to work after a little while, but now I have a problem where it says the following:

`Your server failed to establish a connection with the feedback database.

Your server failed to establish a connection with the SQL database.

BYOND hub reports port 4856 cannot be reached by players.

A firewall or router may be interfering with your connection. For information on hosting worlds through a firewall or router, please visit BYOND Help or portforward.com.`

I am relatively sure that my firewall is not interfering, since it is disabled at the moment.
The hub may be reporting that no one can reach that port because SS13 is trying to connect to the SQL database first, monopolizing the connection until it times out. (Joining the server should cause it to reset that flag and think it's open again.) You could always try checking to see if your connection to the SQL database is valid; and if it isn't, you could try disabling the database entirely by renaming the .dll/.so file.
Thanks! With that information, I was able to figure it out fairly quickly.