ID:2115805

Hello Readers! Developers have been hard at work the past few weeks working on updates to their games, and we've heard from a few that had undergone radio silence for a few months. Lets check them out!

BYOND

The first beta edition of BYOND 511 was released today! If you haven't been keeping tabs on BYOND's development, Lummox JR summed up a majority of the features found in the newest untested version. parallel animations, Variadic macros, flicks for areas and images, gamepad and the new ''any'' macro support, map zooms, and independent client-side frame rates are just getting the feature party started (well, for Dream Seeker at any rate, the Webclient hasn't been invited yet.). As always, if you run along a bug while using the latest betas, be sure to make a detailed post over in Beta Bugs.

BYOND Games

Nadrew has been shooting for the moon in the latest update to My Life as a Spy. The Luna upgrade brings dynamic lighting effects to create a day and night, a three four times increase in frame rate, explosive effects, new keyboard handling, and an attempt to move away from standard BYOND skin elements in favor of on-screen HUDs.

Update log #10 details the additions and changes found in Tales of Judgment R 1.0.18, as presented by Gailardia Galan Gardios (Or Guy for short). Six new side quests have been added to help the players gain new items and levels, which will be helpful when trying out the new difficulty system. Archers now have three new abilities, and character menus have received a makeover as well.

Land of Fire celebrated it's one-year anniversary of continuous development over the fourth of July Holiday. First, Ishuri showed demonstrations of the skills possessed by Rouges, allowing that class to silently wipe out their enemies (of which can now be enemies with an ''ies'' thanks to significant improvements in efficiently). One week later, the login system, hotkey displays, and new maps were unveiled. In the most recent dev-log, he shares a sneak preview of a boss, independent account management, cute creatures evolving to monstrous beasts, and a behind-the-scenes video on how maps in Land of Fire actually work.

AvidAnimeFan has posted a status update for Kage no Ordori: Rise of the Tengu. With enough funds raised, he is looking at getting more artwork made. While that was happening, he added some new features, such as a dueling system, Spirit eggs, HUD and menu improvements, and much more.

SnipeDragon is taking Angel Falls off of indefinite development hold, laying out a six part plan to get development back underway and include features found in the most recent editions of BYOND. Experienced programmers and designers are welcomed to help out the cause started by BYOND's largest direct benefactor.

Sigrogana Legend 2 has new places and stories to explore in version 1.59. The Shrine of Bai Kai has been uncovered from its sandy demise and is ready for exploration and plundering. Then after that adventure, head to Lispool where the story behind SL2 progresses. A laundry basket full of adjustments and bug fixes made it in for the update as well.

Taint_thewizard has been working on the turn-based RPG, Arcadia in his free time. Basic systems have been implemented and completed, maps and caves with treasure have been made, and magic has been learned by both monsters and players. He has also taken some time to create a list of features he would like to inbue into the game.

Bravo1 released a trailer for the adventuring sidescroller Lux recently. Wait! Why is Bravo1 working on a trailer instead of working on the game? Perhaps it is to help promote the game on its new Stream Greenlight page! Then all we need is a new demo to play, explore, and bug test with. Oh right, he released that as well!

Manio is looking into bringing back the dinosaurs that were formerly wiped out in one of his earlier games in DeExtinction. At the moment, details are slim, but the large reptile survival game is expected to be an improvement of its predecessor, with Manio's same style of pixilated artwork.

Tempestous Heart has the latest information on Sword & Soul Online. Player logins and panning title screen artwork are in the works and interactive interfaces have been created. Two classes have been developed, the light swordsman, and martial artists, along with a skill point allocation system.

Gods are at war with the most recent additions to Mystic Ball Ex, AvidAnimeFan fills us in on the details. Guardians come up first, with the ability to build and control their own outlook post and set of mystic balls. God energy can be used to create massive blasting beams, and a new race can help unlock the full potential of other players. If that doesn't satisfy your lust for power, then perhaps ruining a planet by growing a Tree of Power will fulfill you.

Toddab503 is keeping everyone on track with the sharing of a few scenes from Final Resurrection: Redemption. The first details the character selection and creation process. Those silly forgetful scientists. They are lucky to have recalled their own names. Then a combat demonstration is held.

Kumorri has picked up programming again and has started furthering the development of Feed. After cleaning up the code, he began working on a portal maze, with portals that are opened using the blood of the player's enemies (or friends!)

Exentriks Gaming shared a brief bloody battle over the Fourth of July holiday. The GIF features artwork and gives a rough idea of how three combat attack styles may appear in Transcend. Follow their progress on twitter.

BYOND Resources

Land of Fire and Transcend's update logs never disappoint! So excited to be able to play both of those, aha.

Thanks for including Sword & Soul into this, by the way! We hope to have more to show off soon :)
good job and keep up with the good work everyone
511.1349 is out today with the first round of bug fixes.

All beta testers: After you configure your gamepad, please report your cfg/joysticks.txt data in the gamepad setup thread in the Beta Testers forum.
Oh wow, thanks for including FRR! Might have to start showing things more regularly around here now since that was just the tip of the iceberg. Really nice updates going around this week, especially for BYOND.
Will Duel Monsters Millennia ever be included in one of these or not because it's a fan game?
No. Fangames aren't included for obvious legal reasons. Especially those like Duel Monsters that have received specific Cease and Desist orders.
Thanks for clearing that up for me :)
In response to Nadrew
Only 8 from this list are original, others are fangames.
hey are you ever gonna review lifeweb? Randy Sandy works hard on his dystopian fort dweller game.
Lifeweb is just a SS13 mod, not to mention one that doesn't post much in the way of news on BYOND. I doubt it'd get much coverage.
In response to Mrshawdows
I don’t intentionally review games with these articles ( A yay/nay recommendation isn’t given), but rather share a brief mention of BYOND related game and resource development hyperlinked to locations with more details/complete information, when available.

However, I can only share information that I am able to find (This is the first I’ve heard of Lifeweb). I crawl over my standard routes (Game Updates, BYOND.com/pager game listings, community/development forums, and select external websites) for game development information, but any developments that take place outside of those venues will typically be overlooked unless I’m notified otherwise. I know many games keep their change logs stored within the game itself, so developers or players can contact me by pager or email if they know of game updates they’d like to see included, and I can check them out.

Since it’s relevant here, I don’t exclusively exclude SS13-based games, but I would prefer to keep its coverage relevant to features or updates that may affect the broader SS13 community (As I’m sure updates regarding mods of SS13 could sufficiently fill a link digest of its own.) but if there is something extra special going on, feel free to send me information, and I’ll check it out.
I'm pretty sure that a game where child rape is a game mechanic isn't fit for a within byond post.

Don't expect to see Higoten mention it in here.
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
I'm pretty sure that a game where child rape is a game mechanic isn't fit for a within byond post.

Don't expect to see Higoten mention it in here.

MrStonedOne wrote:
a game where child rape is a game mechanic

MrStonedOne Wrote:
a game where child rape is a game mechanic

Butt srsly:

I've never played it, so i don't know the full story, all i know is it's a thing, and it created quite the sir in the ss13 community way back when as groups splintered between 'cool' 'who cares' and 'omg shut them down'.

I as a habit try to avoid immersing myself in drama that doesn't actually directly involve my server for anti-burnout reasons.
To put it as concisely as possible the game has sexual needs that need to be fulfilled or else they will affect character mood. Sexual acts in the game are not restricted to adults only. And I believe there is/was an option for one of your required character traits to be pedophilia.
I agree with the overall sentiment here.

In a game where you can beat someone unconscious with a toolbox, strap them down to a bed, dismember them beyond recognition with a saw, and then walk around wearing their severed and bloodied butt cheeks as a hat, rape is where I draw the line.
Page: 1 2