ID:2116098

For everyone using BYOND 511's new gamepad support, once you've setup your gamepad please post the contents of your cfg/joysticks.txt file here. (Use the one found in your BYOND user data directory, not the one in the install directory.) Your feedback will help build up a list of common controller settings that can be included automatically in future versions.
The Gamepad Setup window still isn't detecting any gamepad input, but I still managed to get the correct outputs from the Any macro.
Also, I couldn't figure out how *not* to get input from the directional buttons; setting their Button/Axis to None didn't disable them.
Controller (Xbox One For Windows)
buttons = Face1,Face2,Face3,Face4,L1,R1,Select,Start,L3,R3
axes = 0,1,3,4
axisbuttons = ,,L2,,,R2
Here's mine in DirectInput mode:

Logitech Dual Action
buttons = Face3,Face1,Face2,Face4,L1,R1,L2,R2,Select,Start,L3,R3,Up,Down,Left,Right
axes = 0,1,2,3

And the same controller when switched to Xinput mode: (R2 and L2 are assigned to the same axis because Microsoft allowing Xinput controllers with DirectInput is... kind of wierd to say the least)

Controller (Gamepad F310)
buttons = Face1,Face2,Face3,Face4,L1,R1,Select,Start,L3,R3,,,Up,Down,Left,Right
axes = 0,1,3,4
axisbuttons = ,,R2
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
The Gamepad Setup window still isn't detecting any gamepad input, but I still managed to get the correct outputs from the Any macro.

That's quite odd. I wonder if there's an always-on thing that's interfering with the code that looks for a button press or dominant axis.

Also, I couldn't figure out how *not* to get input from the directional buttons; setting their Button/Axis to None didn't disable them.

If there's a Dpad, that's why. I think the Xbox controller doesn't actually have dir buttons like the PS controller does; the Dpad converts to directions, so those buttons are virtual.
In response to Pokemonred200
Thanks for both of those. I think I'll have to make an adjustment to the way mapping works so that L2+R2 can be represented as a dual axis, so I'll make a note in the new joysticks.txt file.
I noticed while setting it up that it treats the L2 and R2 buttons as the same 'axis 2' button.

Controller (Rock Candy Gamepad for Xbox 360)
axes = 0,1,3,4
axisbuttons = ,,R2

Also, I'd just like to say that moving around the game with a gamepad controller is one of the best feelings ever.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Exentriks Gaming wrote:
I noticed while setting it up that it treats the L2 and R2 buttons as the same 'axis 2' button.

Yup, that's exactly how it treated my Logitech 6510 when it was in Xinput mode. It might just be how xinput-based controllers interact with DirectInput tbh.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Exentriks Gaming wrote:

Your setup matches Pokemonred200's, so that makes sense.

The Xbox controllers are treating L2+R2 as a single axis, so negative values really should map to L2. I'll address this in a future update.

Unfortunately pressing L2+R2 at once is obviously going to be problematic on those controllers either way, but that's what we get for Microsoft being stupid.
Controller (Xbox One For Windows)
buttons = Face1,Face2,Face3,Face4,L1,R1,Select,Start,L3,R3
axes = 0,1,3,4
axisbuttons = ,,L2,,,R2

Working fine on my end.
Logitech RumblePad 2 USB
buttons = Face3,Face1,Face2,Face4,L1,R1,L2,R2,Select,Start,L3,R3,Up,Down,Left,Right
axes = 0,1,2,3
My project uses forum_account's keyboard library and so far my directional commands work fine but I am having other issues. I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate key_up(key) & key_down(key) into mapping my controller.

I was thinking that if I had two macros per key for when they are pressed & released that I'd be good but that doesn't seem to be changing anything.

Edit: I believe I have things under control. Oh my god. Lummox, you're a genius. This is the best. Do you have an xbox 360 controller handy by any chance? I wouldn't mind shooting a demo your way to show how your hard work paid off on my end. :)
In response to PJB3005
Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)
axes = 0,1,2,3

Should I have axis buttons & buttons showing up on my joysticks.txt?

Everything is working fine, some of the bindings like select are like R1 or something but that was easy to fix through a little trial & error.

Unfortunately though, Northwest & Northeast on one of the analogs seem to be bound to the L2&R2 buttons on my gamepad which aren't programmable at the moment. That's fine though since I still got a lot of other buttons to work with. :)

In response to Flame Guardian
If you've had to change any of the bindings, then you should have a buttons line. Check the file again if you made those changes after you grabbed the file contents.
In response to Lummox JR
Everything is still the same. Although, may I should have done more? All I have done thus far is map the control in my interface file.

Link to show my mapping setup:
https://s31.postimg.org/gt8eiiay3/keybinds.png
In response to Flame Guardian
You need to use Gamepad Setup in DS first. Your mappings should be based on a standard layout, which is what the setup is for.
In response to Lummox JR
Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)
axes = 0,1,3,4
axisbuttons = ,,R2

axes = 0,1,3,4
axisbuttons = ,,R2

Here ya go lummox! This is exactly what's in the file after I accessed gamepad setup via DS.
I've made a change for the next release so that Xbox 360 controllers can use L2+R2 in the axisbuttons section instead of just R2, and this makes L2 use the negative axis and R2 the positive.
How does one do the Gamepad setup in DS? I don't see any options for it o.o
In response to TheRainingLeaf
Open a game in Dream Seeker, and in the system menu, or in the menu for the Options & Messages box, you should see it under Client | Gamepad Setup.
Gamepad F310 (Controller)
axes = 0,1,0,0
axisbuttons = ,,R2+L2

This is what mine looks line in Direct Input.

Pokemonred200 has the same controller as mine but my config is different, I'm assuming its because of the changes in BYOND version.
Page: 1 2