ID:2117175

BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 51.0.2704.103
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
<body>
<div id=map byondclass=map></div>
<div id=chatoutput byondclass=output></div>
<div id=chatinput byondclass=input></div>

</body>

<style>

#chatoutput{
color: #FFF;
height: 150px;
width: 350px;
background-color: #333;
border-style: ridge;
border-color: #fbe846;
border-width: 5px;
top: -200px;
}

#chatinput{
color: #FFF;
height: 50px;
width: 350px;
background-color: #333;
border-style: ridge;
border-color: #fbe846;
border-width: 5px;
border-top-style: hidden;
top: -50px;
}
</style>

Basically, when I go to position the input and output, the output is where it should be, however, the input is usually in the bottom left corner of the screen (right under the game screen) and you cannot move it no matter what you do. This has happened to me before and I am unsure what to do regarding it. According to my skills in HTML/CSS, it should work. I tried messing around with it in the Elements section, but you can't move the input at all. Is this a bug?
Is this limited to 511, or does it exist in older versions? If it's a 511 exclusive bug this should be moved to beta bugs.
Also any webclient bugs belong in Beta Bugs.

WWD, can you provide a test project for this?
Wouldn't you need to set the elements' position to absolute, considering left/top/right/bottom only work on non-static positions?
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Wouldn't you need to set the elements' position to absolute, considering left/top/right/bottom only work on non-static positions?

Oh, very good point. Yes, the position needs to be absolute.
Also, Lummox, I never used it before, but can you see if skinparams is bugged?

<div id=chatoutput byondclass=output skinparams="is-default=true"></div>

For some reason this doesn't work as it should. The weird part is it doesn't give an error in the console window on Chrome. I also can confirm pos has the same issue, so I assume skinparams is the main cause. I never tested this on 510, but it is bugged on 511 as far as I'm concerned.

PS I needed to make the position absolute. Thank you :)
Those params look fine to me. In what way is it not working right?
For some reason, the browser isn't reading the "skinparams" tag, because any value I set in there isn't read.