ID:2117543

BYOND Version:511.1349
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 51.0.2704.103
Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Mouse Left and Right are mapped to L2 and R2 respectively. Mouse North and South are mapped to Left and Right Respectively. I'm unable to discern what an input of Mouse North and South outputs but I can safely say that it is not L2 or R2.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
  1. Map or Macro Gamepad L2/R2
  2. Note that they do not work
  3. Map Mouse to Right Joystick
  4. Note that L2 and R2 move mouse left and right
  5. Note that Moving the joystick left and right moves mouse up and down
  6. Note that moving joystick up and down causes mouse to twitch

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

N/A

Expected Results:

See the above

Actual Results:

See the above

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every Time
In other games?
Yes
In other user accounts?
Presumably
On other computers?
Presumably

When does the problem NOT occur?

Never

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

N/A

Workarounds:

N/A

DragonWingRayne wrote:
Mouse Left and Right are mapped to L2 and R2 respectively. Mouse North and South are mapped to Left and Right Respectively. I'm unable to discern what an input of Mouse North and South outputs but I can safely say that it is not L2 or R2.

I don't understand what you mean by this. The mouse can't be mapped to anything; it can be mapped from analog sticks.

To make any sense of this bug report I'd have to know the following:

1) What exactly are you mapping to what? I do mean exact; I want to see what you've got setup in the mappings.
2) What gamepad are you using, and what does the info in joysticks.txt say?
In response to Lummox JR
1) Gamepad Right Analog - Mouse, Gamepad R2 - A(Punch 1), Gamepad L2 - S(Punch 2)
2) Xbox 360 Wired

joysticks.txt:

Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)
axes = 0,1,2,3
Screenshot
There may be an issue using L2 and R2 on an Xbox 360 controller; Microsoft deliberately limited how those work in DirectInput() so that they function as a single axis, and currently--this will come in a future update--there's no support for treating two buttons as one axis. (Also of course, this limitation means if you press them together, it doesn't count.) Interestingly the Xbox One controller seems to have no such limitation.

It seems however that your joystick setup is incomplete. I would expect your setup to look more like this:

Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)
buttons = Face1,Face2,Face3,Face4,L1,R1,Select,Start,L3,R3,,,Up,Down,Left,Right
axes = 0,1,3,4
axisbuttons = ,,R2

That's what the other 360 controllers reported so far look like, anyway. Have you done anything with the Gamepad Setup dialog yet at all?