Main Street

by Foogimicester
Main Street
This is an economic game about running a successful business on Main Street.
ID:2122388

Hello everyone!

How It Started
I've been a fan of BYOND for a long time but until now I had yet to develop a game with the IDE. When I got the idea for Main Street I was really excited about building it and distributing it to the online community quickly, and BYOND seemed like the perfect engine to revisit after all these years.

I've always loved the community and the simplicity of multiplayer functionality offered. It has been an awesome experience re-learning some of the code and getting much further along than I ever did a decade ago when I was only dabbling in development.

I look forward to meeting you all and really hope to get your feedback and suggestions about Main Street.

About the Game
Main Street is founded on three core principles: Community, Creativity, and Competition.

It is a competitive building and economics game in which players compete to have the most awesome and profitable store on Main Street. Starting out isn't always easy (neither is stocking shelves in busy stores) so shop owners can hire other players to assist them.

Either work together or compete to make history. Enjoy the freedom to design your shop as you please with a variety of building blocks, floor tiles, decorations, and products to sell to customers.

Stock is visible on the shelves and you can see it go down. Simply click the shelf to purchase more stock, or hire another player to do it for you if you can afford the wages!

Getting Started
1. Use arrow keys (or ASWD in browser) to move.
2. To chat from DS simply type and press enter.
To chat from the browser press t to open dialogue.
3. Walk into a wooden shop and press the 'Buy Shop' command to get started.
4. While inside your shop click a seashell shelf on the left of the screen.
5. Now that you've built a shop shelf, click it to add stock.
You're on your way to earning money! Have fun.