ID:2122653

For the past 3 years or so i've had a problem with byond where it would never work due to a little bug that says ''Byond hub is currently unavailable''
I never had any knowledge of what caused it and so i quit byond on that note, Recently i got a new PC so i made a new account and attempted to download Byond and it worked....but only for a few hours.
I attempted to fix it by removing any findable trace of byond from my PC and then downloading a new installer and trying that...but it returns the same problem.
I have no idea how this bug is caused, i don't know what triggers it or what fixed it the first time but if anybody knows anything and i know plenty of people had it before so if anybody knows anything or has fixed it before...Feel free to help.

P.S: My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x32
If the hub is unavailable, that means you're having problems connecting to it. Either it's an issue with your ISP (unlikely since you got here), or more likely some security or antivirus software is blocking the connection. Or, a lesser possibility, you may have some really outdated info in your HOSTS file if you ever edited it manually.
1.No problem with my ISP
2.Disabled all antivirus and security stuff, Still broken
3.Never touched my HOSTS file
Anything else i can attempt?
Well now it automatically logs me in as a Guest and when i try to log in into my account, it keeps validating my account for ever, I waited like 40 minutes and eventually it just said :''Byond hub: Connection failed'' and refused any more log in attempts from there.
Something on your system is preventing the programs from talking to one another, and also to the hub. You say you've disabled all antivirus and security software, but that can't be the case, or else this wouldn't be happening. Everything you've described is 100% consistent with the pager being denied Internet access.
I seriously have no idea what else could be blocking the connection. I disabled both antiviruses and my firewall and attempted it...Still nothing, Maybe there is something hidden that is doing it but i just don't know what it is.
I'm just as confused as you.
Time to take a look at your process list in Task Manager. That will likely point out some possibilities.
Nope, There are no other processes other than my browser, antivirus and the normal windows stuff.
Just...i don't know.
It'd be better to have more eyes on your process list, in case you missed something.

What are you using for antivirus, anyway? And what happens if you run the pager as an administrator?
1.AVG and Avast
2.When i run it as administrator, nothing changes at all.
I'm not sure why you're running two antivirus programs, but regardless you should uninstall AVG and kill its remnants with fire. It is not a reputable antivirus program and has not been for a very long time now. I say this as a former user.

Avast has been known to have problems with BYOND, so I would make sure you've added all of BYOND's programs (everything in the bin folder) to Avast's exceptions list, even if you think Avast has been disabled. And it's possible you only disabled the antivirus protection while Avast is still keeping the network locked down, so all the more reason to make sure BYOND is in its exceptions.
1.Got rid of AVG
2.Put byond on every possible exception list...Still broken
I'm simply in awe at how much byond is being resisted by my computer, By what? Fucking beats me.
Why not show us the process list? Maybe something is running that you weren't aware of that's causing this issue.
Here ya go
P.S: I'm aware of how many helper processes vivaldi has.
http://imgur.com/FOB3vas
That can't be the full process list. What does the list of processes from all users look like? That's going to include the behind-the-scenes stuff that could potentially be frelling with BYOND.
Like absolute hell
Part 1: http://imgur.com/ScHCG4p
Part 2: http://imgur.com/xujedqK
Hrm, looks pretty tame altogether, except that you probably don't want wmpnetwk running; most people don't need it. I'd also suggest losing the Windows search indexing service for performance.

The top question on my mind is: Is Avast truly disabled? Is BYOND properly in its exceptions?
1.I disable all shields which is as far as i know the most i can do to disable avast
2.I put whatever component of byond i could on the exception list of every possible shield
Maybe you know something that i don't? Fairly new to avast.