ID:2122889

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
Problem description: How do you link saves between separate hosts on a games HUB?

One method involves using a a central database that both servers would access for player savefile information. If you are the controller of these multiple servers, this setup is pretty comfortable. Otherwise, making sure your central database is online at all times you expect your hosts to be active can be a pain.
that seems like a pain regardless. someone told me that they just had save files on their hub and someone could just host with the saves from there without actually accessing them. is this possible?
In response to Zagros5000
Zagros5000 wrote:
that seems like a pain regardless. someone told me that they just had save files on their hub and someone could just host with the saves from there without actually accessing them. is this possible?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. It sounds like you are saying the host could access/use the saves from their game session without actually having copies of them.
That's what i heard was possible they said the saves were stored on the games hub
I've never heard of anything like that being feasible. I'm not going to say it's not possible, but it sounds highly unlikely.
That's.. impossible. There's no option to store savefiles on the hub.
Best response
There used to be a thing called hubfiles, but that was removed a long time ago.

You could use hidden hub scores to save and load simple values.

You could store savefiles on the clients' computers, so they have them wherever they go. This is only as secure as you make it.
You could use hidden hub scores to save and load simple values.
well that makes more sense, they were only loading/saving a couple of variables