ID:2123550

BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 51.0.2704.103
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.

I'm seeing a very strange flicker happening with my lighting. This happens no matter what's going on, even if I stand still, or the camera isn't moving. The lights themselves are images, and there's about 1000 of them on a single map.

Colors, size, and icon intensity are randomized on creation.
Because this is in Beta Bugs, it is vital that you include the full version number in the report. 511 alone won't cut it. However if you see this same behavior in 510, then this is actually not a beta bug at all.

Can you isolate one of the frames where it's messed up? It's super hard to see what's going on in a .gif.

Also, what plane are your lights on? Are they behind the map, as some games do it, or above it?

And if you creep along back to where you saw a flicker, can you get it in a state where the problem persists for more than one frame? I'm curious if this issue is tied to the map layout in some way, like possibly a blend mode not being set properly.
Weird, moving it to a higher plane, from 2 to 30 seemed to almost fix it. Now it only flickers once, and that's the first time it comes into view, afterwards once a light has come into view once, it no longer flickers.
Scratch that, it still seems to reflicker, but only when I click on the map. But I have to be idle for a certain amount of time for it to reflicker upon click.
So I tried to take a puush, and noticed that while I have the puush cursor active, and begin selecting a region, it starts happening as I move my mouse around. This is very strange for me, but I managed to take a screen shot of me trying to take a puush.

I still need a full version number above. And is there any way you can get this into a demo that I can look at?
It's the latest, and sure. I'll whip one up today.