ID:2123697

Pro tip: don't fall down the stairs. To make a long story short, my left shoulder and arm have been jacked up all week, and it's probably going to be quite a while before they're back in shape. That's why today's release is coming today instead of yesterday.

But on the plus side, 511.1350 is packed full of fixes, including some fixes to older bugs that were still on the list.

Gamepad support has improved a bit. Now you can map an axis to a button by using either a positive or negative value. In this way, Xbox 360 controllers--which map L2 and R2 to the same axis--can finally work properly. I've also included info from the gamepad setup thread in the official joysticks.txt file, so users with these gamepads don't have to do any setup at all. Keep the reports coming!

Next week my top priorities are to give the webclient some attention for the new features, do some testing on possible optimization strategies, and buy more ibuprofen. I'm looking forward to getting the new stuff in place for the webclient.

Optimizing maptext with a cache is also on my radar. The webclient does this already, but DS does not, and I'd like to figure out a way to set that up. Additionally, I'd really like to get outline/shadow effects in place if I can.

I'll also, of course, continue to look at reports on the regular beta stuff. Pixel gliding is probably still not perfect, but I nailed a pretty big bug in it this week so I'm hoping that any remaining issues should be easy to fix.

We're at the end of the month, so don't forget to hit up the donation box or become a Member if you haven't already. And watch yourself on those stairs.
Aw man, injury week. I cut 25% of my right index finger off the other day lifting a furnace into an attic. Thank glob for PVC glue, electrical tape, and soldering irons. The bloodloss was incredible.
Sucks to be you guys.

My current injury is only a splinter in my left foot.

The bad news is I ignored it because there was no pain until today where I couldn't walk on it. And the affected area is turning colors. I wonder what that could mean.
On sunday I managed to burn all my fingertips pushing a hot pan, I used ice to numb them which caused them to krinkle which made it even worse!
In response to Clusterfack
Clusterfack wrote:
On sunday I managed to burn all my fingertips pushing a hot pan, I used ice to numb them which caused them to krinkle which made it even worse!

Oh go cry me a river, will you? Lummox shattered his shoulder, Ter had to solder his finger back onto his hand, and I have an infected foot wound and all you have to contribute is "I TOUCHED A HOT PAN, GUYS!!!111"?

Man card revoked.
i need sleep
Solder finger closed. Sliced down to bone on the side, not lost a digit. I'm no doctor, but you don't solder fingers back on. Burn wounds shut? Sure. Solder finger on? Maybe if you are a bronze colossus.
I am in fact, a bronze colossus.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Solder finger on? Maybe if you are a bronze colossus.

Or a borg...

Hope you get to feeling better.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Hope you get to feeling better.

Thanks.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Clusterfack wrote:

Oh go cry me a river, will you? Lummox shattered his shoulder, Ter had to solder his finger back onto his hand, and I have an infected foot wound and all you have to contribute is "I TOUCHED A HOT PAN, GUYS!!!111"?

Man card revoked.

I thought we were posting this weeks injuries rather than waiting for an injury that you consider 'not painful enough' so you can whine about my post you fucking loser.

Besides if you weren't an absolute fucking fool you would know the fingertips have some of the highest concentration of nerve endings in the entire human body.
You don't gotta be so mean, Clusterfack. :(
Clusterfack wrote:
Besides if you weren't an absolute frakking fool you would know the fingertips have some of the highest concentration of nerve endings in the entire human body.

It's a good thing you didn't burn your clitoris, then.

Also, Empirez is a pretty much 100% satirical account. Getting bent out of shape by him is p much pointless.
Doesn't make him less of a loser
Clusterfack wrote:

Let's be honest, that particular checkmark's gonna hit a lot of boxes around here. <3
Clusterfack wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Clusterfack wrote:

Man card revoked.

I thought we were posting this weeks injuries rather than waiting for an injury that you consider 'not painful enough' so you can whine about my post you fucking loser.

Besides if you weren't an absolute fucking fool you would know the fingertips have some of the highest concentration of nerve endings in the entire human body.

The funny thing is, I made that sarcasm even more obvious than I usually do to avoid you taking it seriously ( hence the ridiculous "solder finger back on" remark ) and you still didn't pick up on it.

Do I have to start using Kappa faces around here?
Clusterfack wrote:

This guy has a point.
Optimizing maptext with a cache is also on my radar. The webclient does this already, but DS does not, and I'd like to figure out a way to set that up. Additionally, I'd really like to get outline/shadow effects in place if I can.

Lummox JR wrote:

Outline/shadow effects on maptext would be an amazing feature!