ID:2127395

Resolved
Rendering of many map objects was broken.
BYOND Version:511.1351
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 51.0.2704.103
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

511.1351 breaks rendering / resource loading exclusively for the webclient:

Versus, how it looks in DreamSeeker:

There's no more information I can give. No console errors, etc.
Rats. I'll take a look. There shouldn't really be anything that different from 1350, and it worked in my tests, but I didn't try Severed World out.
This may not actually be an issue specifically introduced in this version. I only just updated to 511 today.
Update: Tried in 511.1350 and there's no problem. Was definitely 511.1351.
To make it easier to find this problem, do you think there's any chance you could cobble together something that just takes me directly into the map where I can explore around? Even if it's something like a compile-time #define option I can turn on, to skip character creation and cutscenes and everything, that'd be awesome.
In response to Lummox JR
That already exists! If you press "|" when it says, "Press any button" it'll skip character creation.

Assuming you have that version of the game anyway.
Okay, thanks. I couldn't remember the key. I think I have that version so I'll run some tests soon with that to get to the bottom of this.

What I suspect happened is that something got messed up in the messaging format with the pixel_w additions, although the lack of error messages on your end isn't entirely consistent with that. I'll figure it out.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Rendering of many map objects was broken.
Can confirm this is fixed!