ID:2128295

BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 51.0.2704.103
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
So in the new byond update it seems like most all sidescrollers seem to be missing their icons, I read through the update logs and I couldn't see anything that could lead to such a problem occuring
Expected Results:
I didn't expect nothing to happen.
Actual Results:
All projectiles are missing however the move still takes effect
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every Time
In other games?
Yep.
In other user accounts?
Yes.
On other computers?
Definitely.
When does the problem NOT occur?
Whenever the game isn't a side scroller.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Didn't show in any of the other versions.
Workarounds:
No workarounds unless I downgrade my Byond version and that causes lag :c.
510 is not a beta version, so this was posted in the wrong place. I've moved it.

I need more specific info to investigate this, particularly a test case. 510 did change the layering behavior of HUD objects, although that shouldn't have impacted pre-510 games.
In response to Lummox JR
Okay thank you, but my game uses icons 120x120 and similar games with 120x120 icons have been having the same problem with invisible projectiles after the update. Can you please explain in detail what this did, and the only HUD I had in my game were the buttons in which I later removed. This is troubling because it doesn't seem to affect the script at all, the moves still do the same amount of damage, the way they should, and how they should do it. Its as if someone moved the projectile layer backward to hide the icon but still keep the move in affect.
In response to Dragonpearl123
I'm guessing your layer values are ridiculously high
In response to Zagros5000
Zagros5000 wrote:
I'm guessing your layer values are ridiculously high

If your layer value is higher than BACKGROUND_LAYER, it goes behind the map.
Oh yes, there's the layer thing. Forgot about that aspect. Although I would expect anything compiled before 510 would be fine.