ID:2128812

She passed away last night. She was 100 years old. I'm pretty sure the only reason she was still around was because she had been telling people for 50 years she was going to live to be 100, and she didn't want to be a liar. She'd been in pretty bad pain the last couple years and her mind was starting to go, which was a shame because she had always been sharp as a tack.

I'll miss you grandma.
Talk about dedication. RIP Flick's grandma.
<3
I lost my mother about three months ago, and my grandmother about a year ago. I feel your pain, buddy. Sorry for your loss.
At least you guys had a grandma.

Grandparents on Mom's side died before my Mom even met my Dad, and grandparents on Dad's side died when I was too young to even understand what a funeral was, so I don't know what it's like to have grandparents.
Watching my grandfather go through Parkinson's right now. It's not fun. I feel ya.
The good news is that Flick shouldn't be leaving us anytime soon. Hope you're dealing with it fine.
I've seen all my grandparents leave aside from my last grandmother, who is now senile and believes she sees a young boy in her tree every night. I feel your sorrow and I give my condolences, Flick. Valar Morghulis
My mother died nearly six months ago as well (from cardiac insufficiency/heart failure). Both of my grandmothers have passed away years ago (2001 on my mother's side and December 14th, 2007 on my father's side). My grandfather on my mother's side apparently died back in August 2007. Only surviving biological grandparent is my grandfather on my father's side. He is still in pretty good shape regardless of just turning 70 months ago.

And of course, my father is the only surviving parent I have left.

Edit: And yes, my mother's heart basically stopped beating. No heart attack whatsoever.
I haven't seen or heard from anyone on my father's side of the family in 43 years. No idea if any of them are alive or not. I'm pretty much the oldest in my family now. My mom and uncle passed away a number of years ago, my grandfather has been gone about 25 years. I do have a great aunt and some cousins, but I haven't seen them in 20 years. They live across the country. It's just me and my sister, our kids, and our grandkids.
My condolences. Hopefully the end to pain beings some relief. =(