ID:2129060

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Is there any way we could have something similar to the Find/Replace option for the .dm files that applies to .dmi files as well?

For example...

If I were trying to hunt for a specific icon state in a file that contains 50+ states, going through each one until you find the right one. Looking for your state "C_Fly_P" so you can make changes to it, having to look through each state individually till you find it.

Or say you want to make a change to your coding that involves changing icon state name formats slightly, being able to replace them all at once with a replace option would be nice.

In the game I work on specifically it will occasionally come up where I may have to move 40+ states with the name like... ABC1-JP001, ABC1-JP002, etc from 1 file to another and the new states need to be changed to ABC1-EN001, ABC1-EN002, etc. It would be a big time saver.

An option to sort all the states in a .dmi alphabetically would be nice too.
This can be at least partially scripted with dmitool; it's not as good as an implementation in Dream Maker itself would be, but it works;

https://github.com/Baystation12/Baystation12/tree/dev/tools/ dmitool

For the renames, extract then import the relevant states; for the sort, it supports that directly.