ID:2130122

Developers lied about multiplayer. Not giving them a cent. I donated my money I'd set aside to buy the game to a worthy cause instead: Lummox.

Match me fools.

Fool me once, shame on you:

Fool me twice, shame on me:

Fool me three times? You are officially that guy, OK?

I watched one of their videos about 'Multiplayer'. This hideous concept alone turned me away, nevermind the lies that it is.
The cute redhead in the second videos name is hollie bennett. She's not single, but this game sure is :P. I was playing it earlier and i "uploaded" my discoveries then the game crashed i logged back in and the planets i discovered needed to be renamed again O_O. Had fun running around bymyself gathering resources to become super rich to buy a 6 million unit ship im currently in the process of upgrading the ship so i can space pirate my way to victory!

Also should've thought something was fishy when they announced that you didn't need playstation plus in order to play this "online only game". Though ill be honest i didnt buy this game for multiplayer though shooting people as a badass space pirate does sound appealing :P.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
The cute redhead in the second videos name is hollie bennett. She's not single, but this game sure is :P.

This is gold
I love how on the Steam page it still has a section in the 'About The Game' about how you can share your journey with other players. I am dissapoint.
I mean, I get that people are just mad at feeling lied to, but honestly, I think the game's plenty of fun without explicitly having multiplayer functionality. Same with people salty at Todd Howard for all of the hype he promises, but still ends up running a company that puts out top-tier games again and again.

Yeah, it kind of sucks for the time being, but I personally just take it with a grain of salt and sit happily with what we have at the moment, because right now it's a barrel of monkeys that'll keep me occupied for hours and hours.
feeling lied to

Implying that we weren't actually lied to. Look at dudebro's face in those videos. They are obviously knowingly lying. They aren't even good liars. Their tells are all over the place.
Eh, if it proves to be a good game, I'll buy it. I don't personally think anybody will care about it after a few months, though. It'll win some points in gaming history for sheer massiveness, but that's about it. I think it'll be like Daggerfall without any of the substance. So, massive randomly-generated nothingness that's cool for about 15 minutes.
It seems as if this game could get boring after a while without multiplayer. I did want to try it out, unfortunately I'm currently sporting the Xbox One and an underwhelming desktop after my last one fried.
In response to Zecronious
Lmfao
Just wanted to drop in and say i fucking love this game. It delivered on my expectations and then some.

Not concerned about not having multiplayer because i don't think a game like nms should have myltiplayer. Don't let the lies of shitty developer PR take away from this unique game. You don't see games of this caliber very often.
Also, you can still be a space pirate and raid trading posts, trading ships, and ships traveling to and fro planets and stations. It's how I've been playing and it's a blast, Ghost. Intergalactic spaceship laser wars are a gaming first for me.

But it's a very open ended game once you get over the learning curve.

But the feeling you get when you first break through a planet's atmosphere and into space is very surreal and satisfying.
I don't really like this game at all. I refunded it through Steam after giving it a try.

Initially looking around the worlds and the UI, it felt very inspired by Destiny, another game I didn't like much. In No Man's Sky, there's just about as much to do as there is in Destiny -- not much. You mine for more materials to sell, you fight enemies, you can upgrade your ship, and you can travel. I figured from the looks of the trailers that this would be an open-world survival sandbox, following the popular trend, but the sandbox aspect is not at all included.

It has really good eye-candy, for one. But I would easily prefer Starbound to this. It just ain't fun for me. Anyways, there's my $0.02.
Know that feeling... when a game originally meant for pc works 100x better on the ps4 than the pc? Terrible pc port is terrible :/. I suspect sony had something to do with it though.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Also, you can still be a space pirate and raid trading posts, trading ships, and ships traveling to and fro planets and stations. It's how I've been playing and it's a blast, Ghost. Intergalactic spaceship laser wars are a gaming first for me.

But it's a very open ended game once you get over the learning curve.

But the feeling you get when you first break through a planet's atmosphere and into space is very surreal and satisfying.

The last bit got me thinking about Kerbal Space Program. :P

While I have yet to land on every planet and moon to this day, I have managed to land on Eve and Duna a few times. This was before the released version of course as Eve would be very hard to land now due to a thicker atmosphere (without exploding).

And about No Man's Sky, I have nothing against that game per se. One thing I thought though was the price a bit too high at it's current state. That's about the price normally found in AAA-budget games on release day. Then again, I have seen incredibly buggy games released at the price before.

Heck, I have seen some terrible games released at that price before.
I have seen incredibly buggy games released at the price before.

In response to Bandock
Bandock wrote:
The last bit got me thinking about Kerbal Space Program. :P

I play *a lot* of KSP

My latest adventure to Jool, orbiting between it and the closest moon Lathe. Eventually ended up dipping the craft as far into Jool's atmosphere as possible before it exploded. It also came packed with a second probe to land on Lathe but the atmosphere was a bit rougher than I expected and I lost my parachutes and it crashed into the ocean.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
I have seen incredibly buggy games released at the price before.

Yep, like that one. :P

And looks like quoting is bugged too. xD
Page: 1 2 3