ID:2130283

Not Feasible
Applies to:DM Language

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
Usr: The object or person that calls a proc or a verb
Src: The object or person in which the proc or verb is called on.
???: The person or object which initiated the proc

My proposal is to create a variable that would represent the person who initiated the proc that way you can refer back to them, because now a proc sent to the other person is mostly used in the perspective of M instead of src. It would be nice if I could use a proc on M using src's perspective.

Code Proposal:
mob/var
debug
mob/var
Example(mob/M in world)
M.debug=1
M.Test()
mob\proc
Test()
if(src.debug)
src<<"[???] sent this to me"//The person who recieved the proc is talking
???<<"I sent this to [src]"//the person who initiated the proc is talking
return

M.Test(src)
You set up test with a mob parameter.
mob/proc/Test(mob/m)
In response to Ishuri
Yes but that only works occasionally there are some instances where it doesn't work, and even then it would still be from mobs perspective which is personally confusing. Its just a feature request more of luxury then of necessity.
That would be a bug. Works 100% of the time for me, and in the 8 years I have used DM has never, not once, ever, not even due to some improbable bug, ever, not worked. If it's not working for you at certain times I'd suggest you make a bug report.
In response to Ishuri
It didn't work for me when I was using a projectile to do damage, although it wasn't a bug report I got confused by M and switched it around what Im saying instead of having to do test(mob/m) and M.test(src) byond can already incorporate that for you into a var of its own.
The overhead for this wouldn't be worth it, IMO.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not Feasible)
In response to Lummox JR
:c