Pondera

by AERProductions
Pondera
Construct your lineage in a living world.
ID:2133205

I've decided to do a soft release of the basic story mode.
I am hosting a server, feel free to join and constructively point out any game-breaking problems. I will address them in a timely manner.

Traverse through deserts, jungles, caves, and more in this rough draft story mode of Pondera. That is, of course, if a bug or simple mistake of mine doesn't stop you along the way; feel free to report them when they do either in the discussion forums on here or on the website itself. Enjoy.
How to join this server O.o ?
So um, you gonna post a link bro?
A link would be nice.
My apologies. The HUB had to be republished to be accessible to the public. If you can't find the hub, it is always accessible via the website http://pondera.aerproductions.com ; Just click the top right green button.

Thank you for your interest.
A lot of corrections were made to the shops, which hadn't been completely transitioned due to the focus being shifted from story to building mode awhile back. The long list of weapons still needs some corrections & content but the ones available in the shop are now correct.

If anyone is interested in playing an alpha of Building mode, please say so and I will setup an additional server for it.
There are some issues with loading your save, such as macros don't work (WSAD keys for example). Sorry for the inconvenience but I don't know how to fix it. If anyone is willing to help me, it would be much appreciated.
Here is a link for those of you who don't want to find one yourself:

Click green link at the top right of http://pondera.aerproductions.com
Or the Hub which you are currently within:
http://www.byond.com/games/AERProductions/Pondera?tab=index

By the way the forums for the website is now fixed. I have also fixed the hub so it should now list properly.

You might see an ad from byond, let it load and play and an interface should load. Click Engage Link and Create New Link to get started. Currently, it is advised to delete your current link and create a new link every time you play (since this is testing, that shouldn't matter so much, if you want to make it further in the game just keep it running or help me figure out how to fix the aforementioned macro load problem). I also want to apologize for my random outbursts on here, I should be diagnosed bipolar but of course I never have been!

Webclient users can visit this address to play (Note this link only works when it is being hosted, which you can see via the above website -- when the top right botton features green "Engage Link!" text, this link will work.):
Webclient Testing

The enemies use to attack, however, Zecronious contributed a less laggy movement code and I haven't bothered getting it to the same functionality yet (I've tried, it just doesn't work, as usual). Nobody is playing so I figure this is an irrelevant point.

Update: Guess that would make sense why nobody is playing, the hub wasn't connecting properly to list the game! I have fixed that, enjoy!
Kamuna informed me that there is a bug when joining the game (another one which I don't experience so I don't know what it is or how to fix it, haha).

Here is what she said: "So here's what I've found. When you first start up Pondera, your connection dies; However, if you right click the window and press Reconnect, it allows you to connect."

If you experience this, follow her advice. I've looked for the problem in the code but I don't see it. I'm possibly going to open source so that people can contribute to the project more easily. Thank you for your interest and your patience in this matter.

So finally got around to this post. I wanted to have a nice screenshot before posting but I am too tired from programming.

In short summary, Pondera now has modes which are Free Sandbox (PVE and PVP) and Story mode. Currently story mode is second in line as Free Sandbox helps to polish the game and get something playable out before focusing on story mode. Lots of bugs have been fixed.

The Sandbox mode is being hosted LIVE right now and whenever a viable package build is available. Play Now!
http://www.byond.com/games/AERProductions/Pondera
byond://47.223.208.238:2501

More info:
Building mode has just been rewritten and is bug-free with plenty of content to enjoy for now. A great foundation to add more soon... ;)

Most of the game breaking bugs that had plagued the game have, after many painstaking years, been triumphed, for the most part.

Now it is a step-at-a-time process until it is completely functioning and then I will integrate more advanced options.

Currently build menu is limited to: A fire, Lamposts (lights), Barricade, Sundial (which provides a compass), Forge, Anvil, Wood and Stone Forts, Wood and Stone Houses. That is quite a bit of content that can still provide plenty of gameplay while I continue to expand, advance and rewrite where needed.

Map saving is in need of some major improvement, if anyone can help that would be appreciated. Currently it just saves the entire map (500x500) which lags but I've always wanted a more efficient map save system that can save only what has been added to the world (or removed?). Any hints would be welcome! :)

Soon a multiple biome map(desert,sea,temperate,jungle,lava,snow) will be added to make building more interesting, but at the moment those materials are not the same as the sandbox building biome, meaning you will have to terraform to build in those locations.

Quickly added a sundial which provides a compass (from Kidpaddle45's libraries) so you can find your base if you get lost. It is small and appears in the top right corner and currently only appears while zoomed completely out.
Made it so you can click to set your compass to a sundial to track and to grant another after it vanishes on logout. Also made it so you can't read it at night. :)

Much more information, too much to post, soon to know more!
Fixed Landscaping, Test is LIVE now.
Additional updates: Fixed Smelting, Smithing, the forge and some other features. Added cancel options and some enemies on the map that you can utilize the parts of to craft one of many of the games armors, now available for smithing.

Enjoy!
Another big update today!
Turned PVP on, added affinity (lose for killing players, gain for helping -dark/light+). Needs testing.
Added monsters, Stay safe out there! Turned Spells on, they need testing and fixing.
Turned Tree Growth on based on season.
Added afterlife and spells to revive from afterlife, needs testing.
Added biomes on the map and more resources required by the game. No longer just tar pits! (Now you have access to all of the base resources, including clay, sand, obsidian, tar, soil/richsoil.)
Added stump removal to trees after chopping down, which now stay chopped down. You can take sprouts to reforest chopped down areas.
There is now an xmas tree that appears on the 25th day of Winter that gives a gift!

Fixed more bugs and more on the way! Thanks to all who show interest, even so, I am fixing this game up so that I can play it myself! ;) The more the merrier.