Manacept

by The Magic Man
Manacept
A collectible card game.
ID:2133450

It's finally ready for testing. For now I'm using the old hub page, which you should be able to find above. Click on the version that says test server. (If it ever updates)
You can also connect through here: byond://81.110.27.2:5550

This is a test I will be hosting for a few days. It will be buggy, it will not be balanced, expect frequent reboots to fix things.
For testing purposes you'll be given a easy access to cards but when testing ends all progress will be deleted.

For people unaware of what Manacept is, it is a card game. You unlock cards, use them to make a deck and then play against other people. You can find all the games rules and mechanics under the Help section within the game it's self.

For people returning, this version of Manacept has some key changes from the old version, as highlighted below.

Naturally the most obvious change is the game has been entirely remade. It should be easier for me to work on now and once ironed out should be much less buggy while allowing for more possible features.
All art work has been remade too (and most of it's terrible).
Due to various changes to mechanics, most cards once ported over will have some differences, mostly to various numbers (level, hp and so on) but sometimes to exactly how their effects work. I will try to port over as many cards as close to the originals as I can.
Due to changes to core mechanics, you will also see new cards with new effects that would not have been possible in the old version.

Obtaining Cards - The process of obtaining cards is now slower, 5 cards per pack, on average 1 pack per 8-10 wins. However, you no longer need to obtain duplicates, once you unlock a card it can be added to your deck as many times as is allowed.
There is also no need to unlock mana cards anymore. Everyone starts with all of them.

Deck Composition - Deck limits are now 15-20 monster cards, 10-20 support cards, 10-20 attack cards and 5-10 mana cards.

Mana Cards - The way they work has been entirely changed. Once drawn they remain on the field, giving mana every turn. You can still opt to draw a new mana card, doing so will give you a large bonus to mana as well as replace the mana card currently in play.
Mana cards are no longer recycled, once you draw a new one the old card is discarded.

Summoning Cards - There is no limit to how many monster cards per turn you can summon now, provided you have mana for it. Monster cards cannot attack on the turn they are summoned.
All monster cards now have a summoning cost that is separate from their level. Level should be considered a representation of a monster cards combat strength, while summoning cost a representation of it's over all strength.

Monster Cards - There is no longer card classes, only elements and races.
All monster cards now have a default attack. This attack is generally weak but costs 1 mana (of the same element as the monster). You can still opt to use an attack card which is usually stronger or will have additional effects.
Due to this change, attack cards are no longer recycled after use.

Victory Conditions - Rather than 3 life tokens, players now have 50 hp.
Hp is depleted in two ways. The first is attacking the player directly (meaning when they have no monster cards in play). This will deal damage equal to the attacking monster cards level.
The second way is to defeat an enemy monster card in battle. The owner of the defeated card will lose Hp equal to the defeated cards level.

I appreciate any and all feed back and would be thankful if you report any bugs found in the game to me.
So I just looked at the game and there's a few things I'd like to suggest;
1º: When opening Packs, instead of having the cards opened automatically disappear after a few seconds, you could add the option to: Look at the cards description, as well as showing a highlithed version of the card when the user clicks on it, if possible; Be able to choose when you want to make the opened cards disappear, like adding that "Return" arrow to the side of the cards when a pack is opened.
2º: Changing the text color of the amount of owned cards you have of each card from white to black, so it's easier to read, especially because of the light-coloured background.
3º: Giving an indication of the rarity of the card on the card's frame, so you can distinguish rare cards from common cards more easily. This is especially nice when you're oppening Packs(You could do like Yu-gi-oh and make them somewhat foiled(?) with metalical colouring in the background if possible or do it like Hearthstone does).
4º: Adding a pack with cards that don't belong to any archetype.
1. I will consider this. I just don't want to make it too much hassle (right now) to quickly gain card packs.

2. I'll look to adding shadows or something to text for easier reading.

3. Eventually when I get round to it, when you open a card pack rare cards will have a flashy little effect (and if you obtain a new card it'll also say so).
Just got other things to work on right now.

4. More card packs will be added eventually, the ones right now are just generic packs. Later on packs containing more specific cards will be added, but that requires me making and adding more cards first.
Alright, after listening to feedback, here is a list of changes I'm considering making to the game. Would like peoples opinions on them.

1. I'm adding a limit to monster card summons per turn in the form of summoning tokens. You get 10 per turn, you use as many as the monster cards level. So you can summon many weak monsters, or 1 strong monster.
To compensate for this change, high level monster cards will be buffed in terms of stats.

2. I'm combining normal and special summons for effects only. (As in when a monster has an on summon effect, it will trigger for both)
All other effects will apply the same.

3. I'm going to give elements various themes. Not every card will fit this theme and it is very, very general.
The themes are.
Fire - Low hp, high damage. Lots of abilities to deal either direct damage or additional damage.
Earth - High hp, low damage. Lots of abilities to reduce or negate damage.
Wind - Balanced stats. Focus on speed, will get effects like attack on the same turn they are drawn or attack multiple times per turn.
Water - Balanced stats. Will focus on bypassing monster cards to damage the player directly.
Light - High hp, low damage. Will focus on supportive effects such as heals and protecting other cards.
Dark - Low hp, high damage. Will focus on weakening effects, such as reducing enemy stats or effectiveness.

Additionally, card races will have elements in common, though to a lesser degree (as an example, dragon cards tend to be high level and strong and undead are good at manipulating the graveyard).