ID:2137062

Resolved
Right-click menus could cause certain verbs to disappear from statpanels.
BYOND Version:511.1353
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 51.0.2704.103
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Right click menus hide verbs in the verb panel until src moves again. I tried to reproduce this bug as best as I could (that's why there are some random things inside the test case), but even then, I could not reproduce the case where even the right click menu item "Take" does not show up, but that's a thing. Not sure whether this is a Dream Seeker or Dream Daemon bug, so I just chose the first one in the list (I could probably check if I used the webclient, but I hear that's having its own problems with verbs). Note that you can still use the verb by typing it in beforehand, or in this test case, using the right click menu (though that isn't always the case).

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Right click object or turf.
2. ???
3. Profit..?

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
http://files.byondhome.com/Kamuna/TestCases/ VerbPanelDisappear_src.zip

Expected Results:
Verbs stay in the verb panel.

Actual Results:
Verbs do not stay in the verb panel.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time.
In other games?
Yes
In other user accounts?
Yes.
On other computers?
Not tested.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When the verb does not have any set src in x and belongs to the mob/client.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
The problem did not occur in version 511.1350. The problem started occurring in version 511.1351. Hope this helps.

Workarounds:
Don't use right click menus and/or verb panels.
Thanks for narrowing down the version. I don't see offhand what could cause this, but I'll run some tests tomorrow to get to the bottom of it.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Right-click menus could cause certain verbs to disappear from statpanels.
I know this got fixed for beta, but its an actual issue on the Stable version. Any way to fix it without upgrading to beta version?
Still an issue on to some people even with latest beta build