Pokemon Atom

by Kidpaddle45
Pokemon Atom
The Pokémon experience you've been waiting for!
ID:2138023

A big BIG thank you to Fat Albert and King Vadro X for offering their help with the maps! The game looks stunning! I decided to polish the UI even more and re-made the char customization screen. I'd like to say I'm planning a release for the first week of september!

Some screenshots/Gifs for yall!

LET PLAYERS HOST THEIR OWN SERVERS PLZ
I WOULDN'T MIND HOSTING FOR A LONG TIME
Please, release the public host.
I want play this!
In response to Undefeated Saiyans
Undefeated Saiyans wrote:
LET PLAYERS HOST THEIR OWN SERVERS PLZ
I WOULDN'T MIND HOSTING FOR A LONG TIME

WanZ wrote:
Please, release the public host.
I want play this!

There will be an official server launche during the first week of september. I currently don't plan on having multiple servers. Unless that is required. For now I'd like to stick to my main plan! :)

Hope I'll be seeing you guys in-game :)
and hit me up if you ever want to test this, I do plenty of private testing.
Any original Pokemon designs in this?
In response to Manio
Manio wrote:
Any original Pokemon designs in this?

Not sure I understand the question right, if you're asking about original features that are not in original Pokemon games, the answer is yes, There's a completely unique storyline with new opponents/gyms and towns to visit. Players can also take part in tournaments and gain certain prices/items that will help them in their adventure.

If you meant actual new Pokemon creatures, then sadly the answer is no at the moment. I was thinking of adding 3 unique legendaries but beside that the game uses the Pokemon from gen 1 to 5.

Hope I answered your question. :)
Are you going to make pikachu op in this game?
Im liking this alot my initial question was going to be what gens are in but seeing that you already answered that there is no need. So im guess its the original idea of collecting, battling(gyms/npc) game? also i would like to know the encounter rates for rarity unless that hasnt been implemented
In response to Terex1166
Terex1166 wrote:
Im liking this alot my initial question was going to be what gens are in but seeing that you already answered that there is no need. So im guess its the original idea of collecting, battling(gyms/npc) game? also i would like to know the encounter rates for rarity unless that hasnt been implemented

The game can be played just like any traditional Pokemon game, which means there is an actual storyline. Along the road you will have to defeat 8 gyms + the elite 4.

You will meet a new team; I won't spoil the name now :P, and you'll have to stop them from achieving what they plan on doing.

Playing threw the storyline allows you to unlock certain items, which will allow you to reach certain hidden areas in which you can find rare/legendary Pokemon. Since there are 5 Gens in the game, that makes a lot of Legendaries. Which means a big number can only be caught during online events.

As for how exactly the Pokemon from gen 1 to gen 5 are placed threw out the map, that is exactly what I'm working on now that I have a finished map. :)
oh wait i thought this would be like a mmo, so you wont be interacting with other players? just single player?
In response to Terex1166
Terex1166 wrote:
oh wait i thought this would be like a mmo, so you wont be interacting with other players? just single player?

This IS an mmo, you can play threw the storyline with online players, you can interact with them, chat, challenge them to friendly battles, participate in online tournaments. It's pretty much both PvP & PvE.

Oh got scared for a second there thanks! Anyways it just occurred to me that gen 1-5 is alot of pokemon, and im not sure if you will be able to fit them in one region, will there me several regions in the game or just the 1?

was also hoping for guilds/clans what ever you wanna call them.
In response to Terex1166
Terex1166 wrote:
Oh got scared for a second there thanks! Anyways it just occurred to me that gen 1-5 is alot of pokemon, and im not sure if you will be able to fit them in one region, will there me several regions in the game or just the 1?

was also hoping for guilds/clans what ever you wanna call them.

Hahahah no worries. & yeah you're right, that is A LOT of Pokemon... I'm still not sure how I'll fit them all in. The current map is VERY detailed, I don't think having a 2nd region would be the best option...

We'll see :P

I've been waiting a long time for a good pokemon mmo. There was one a while back in the early 2000s but it was sort of garbage. I'm trying to remember which gen Espurr and Meowstic but I can figure that out later.

Are you planning player housing? I could see a few interesting ways of handling it.
Is there a party system and a 2v2 or 3v3 system ?
In response to CroixAura
CroixAura wrote:
I've been waiting a long time for a good pokemon mmo. There was one a while back in the early 2000s but it was sort of garbage. I'm trying to remember which gen Espurr and Meowstic but I can figure that out later.

Are you planning player housing? I could see a few interesting ways of handling it.

There are apartments you can buy. The feature is still incomplete tho as you still can't add furniture. I'm trying to figure out a way to save everything in case there's a reboot. Maybe on an external file that is loaded when the world is started? I'll have to see...

Blackstar1134 wrote:
Is there a party system and a 2v2 or 3v3 system ?

You can create or join a party but these are more for events and tournaments. You can also share exp etc... But no team battles yet. Sorry :(

will the normal style of battling be the same? im hoping it will, cause i havent really been liking the styles of battling from previous games.
In response to Terex1166
Terex1166 wrote:
will the normal style of battling be the same? im hoping it will, cause i havent really been liking the styles of battling from previous games.

What do you mean normal style?
This is what I refer to as the normal style of battling http://imgur.com/E0itzue
Oh i just saw a screenshot of battling on the main page
Page: 1 2 3