ID:2138939

How does the younger generation learn C++. The older generation had to read wordy books. What's the modern way now?

Are there alternatives to solo Learn C++?
Wordy books on websites.
1. Video tutorials on youtube.

2. Podcast like thingies.

3. Sex with a professional female programmer.
No, you see the trick isn't to actually learn and know c++. Us new generationers have discovered that all you gotta do is put "extremely proficient in c++ codings, brah" on your resume and pray he doesn't ask you to demonstrate.

[edit] actually i just had a moment of clarity. i found a loophole thru the demonstration. if he asks you to prove your c++ codes or asks you a code question and you have no idea what hes talking about, immediately pretend your phone is vibrating. say "one moment, my phone is vibrating".

he will say "whats wrong?" and you say "its my mom", he will say "is she okay", you will say "its urgent...", he will say "is there anything i can do to help", you will say "she burned the spaghetti...", he will say "you would walk out of this interview just for your mom's spaghetti?", as your palms get sweaty, you say "yes, just for mom's spaghetti", he will try to say something but he keeps on forgetting, the words wont come out, you only got one shot, do not miss your chance to blow

congratulations you have the job
Interactive programs. Stuff like that.

I think solo learn is a good start, but would be great if it was integrated into an IDE.

Then add stuff like unreal engine classes.

Something that allowed you to insert an API and analyses it to fit someone's learning needs.

Does anything like that exist?

I know some IDE's fill in smartly for you with helper statements. That's a one size shoe though.

Sidebar: EmpirezTeam I can't understand what you type anymore. Try harder. The life of trolling has corrupted your english man. Gooday.
In response to EmpirezTeam
Doesn't sound as good when you just tie snippets together.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
Doesn't sound as good when you just tie snippets together.

I grew up in the same city as Eminem. I'll snippet his songs in any way I see fit. TRY AND STOP ME
Programming Hub is a great mobile document. It lacks wordiness. I suggest serious individuals seeking answers here also check that out as well as solo learn. It comes close to an integrated IDE, as it provides examples which you can copy and paste. Not quite there but two is better than none.
Learning from books used to be a great way to learn C++. However, a bunch of newer C++ standards pretty much made those books obsolete. I still keep them anyhow in case I do need something from those books.

Best way to learn C++ now is to get an up-to-date documentation online. Heck, I'm already learning some new material provided by C++11, C++14, and now C++17 standards.
is it bad that i didnt know there were 17 different c plus pluses
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
is it bad that i didnt know there were 17 different c plus pluses

Well, there are many different C++es. :P

So many altered standards. You're probably right about that.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
3. Sex with a professional female programmer.

Impossible. Female programmers don't exist.