ID:2139204

It wasn't too long ago when I made the post about trolling Facebook because of how ridiculous I thought it was. About 15 minutes ago I was reading the news and there was this somewhat attractive chick who had just been arrested for sex trafficking. Just out of curiosity, I typed her name into Google, and saw she had a Twitter, but it only had 3 tweets on it. My thirst wasn't satisfied, so I went ahead and logged into my only Facebook account that isn't banned at this point and typed her name in there.

She describes herself as "the lucky mother of 2 amazing babies".

This picture is pretty important considering the fact that both her and her husband ( who was also involved in the trafficking btw, he was arrested as well ) have kids and are in the business of... enslaving kids. You'd think the type of people who would be trafficking teenagers would be some weirdo ass reject from society with no family or whatever because they wouldn't understand what it's like to have kids, but no. The same people hunting your children down have children of their own. This woman knows what it's like to give birth, to stare down at someone you created and fall in love, to raise a family. I don't, yet she makes her living driving kids to hotels so they can get humped by some scumbag and I make mine working at a bookstore.

Which, this post isn't even about this chick or human trafficking. This is about the blur. If you go on her Facebook page, you would've never guessed she was involved in this. Most of the pictures she takes are with her husband and children, smiling and hugging them. She almost always wears a crucifix necklace, she dresses modestly, she even participated in that little Paris attacks slacktivism thing where it changes one of your pictures into the colors of the France national flag. She had "stay at home Mom" as her job description. Her husband posted pictures of the very nice house they had, pictures of parties with expensive drinks and what looks to be friends of their family, photos of his sports cars and SUVs. Behind this smokescreen of love and success, these two were nothing more than lowlife shitheads who are lucky to still be alive.

It just makes you wonder what else is a blur. How many more crazy sons of bitches are out there? You can't click on someone's Facebook album and see the real picture, pun intended. And it's not just Facebook. The illusions are all around us. Our co-workers, our friends, our family members, the person you sleep next to every night. They all have their dark twisted secrets. The things that would make you never speak to them again if they let you in on it. We live in a world sustained by lies and fantasy. We've nearly perfected the art of living two lives, showing people doctored versions of ourselves in person and online and take off our disguises behind closed doors where no one can witness how monstrous and pathetic we really are.

But perhaps there's light at the end of this tunnel. Maybe we portray ourselves as perfect not just in an attempt to hide something, but because deep down, we acknowledge we're fucked up and desire to become the enlightened, successful, courageous, and powerful people we claim to be. In the midst of how soul crushing this world is and how most of us do next to nothing to make it any better, this could be one of the several ways we maintain our sanity, giving us just one more reason to live to see tomorrow instead of leaping off a bridge or hanging ourselves. Hopefully one day, we'll get to a point where we have the strength to defeat the part of us that we know doesn't belong so the next time we tweet about how "amazing" our lives are, it'll be the reality of the situation and not just in our imaginations.

Just a thought.

P.S. With that being said, I have a confession: I'm not actually a frog. Sorry for the lies I've told you all these years.
You've got some nice topics sometimes... Good post. *Facebook Thumbs up*
At least someone appreciates my omniscience around here.
Indeed, it is easier for many to find comfort in an untruth than to accept the reality as it is.
I dream of a future in which human traffickers are no longer considered people (or even animals) under the law and therefore enjoy no protections. In fact one of the characters I've written has pretty novel ways of dealing with said scumbags in just such a legal climate.
P.S. With that being said, I have a confession: I'm not actually a frog. Sorry for the lies I've told you all these years.

You're ded to me.

In fact one of the characters I've written has pretty novel ways of dealing with said scumbags in just such a legal climate.

Can i read it :c?
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
In fact one of the characters I've written has pretty novel ways of dealing with said scumbags in just such a legal climate.

Can i read it :c?

Eventually. It's part of a series and the first two books are basically in the can; I need a cover and some beta feedback first. The majority of the antics in question take place in the second book.
In response to Lummox JR
Ooo can't wait :D. Does it take place in the past future or present or maybe in a completely different reality?
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
Ooo can't wait :D. Does it take place in the past future or present or maybe in a completely different reality?

It's a comic sci-fi series, taking place a little over 1,000 years in the future. The story centers around a merchant starship with a small crew.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I dream of a future in which human traffickers are no longer considered people (or even animals) under the law and therefore enjoy no protections.

Love this. Treat them how they treated all these other humans. What these people do is is a level of heinous above most.
Fugsnarf said:
Love this. Treat them how they treated all these other humans.

This definitely solves the problem.

...Sarcasm.
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
Fugsnarf said:
Love this. Treat them how they treated all these other humans.

This definitely solves the problem.

...Sarcasm.

what do you think is the best way to handle someone who kidnapped your child and forced them to have sex with a stranger
There is no point in attempting to answer such a hypothetical when you already think you have the answer.
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
There is no point in attempting to answer such a hypothetical when you already think you have the answer.

There's no point in whining about a lack of a solution if you don't have a better alternative.

I assumed when you wrote your sarcasm, it was because you had a better plan in mind.
In response to EmpirezTeam
There's no point in whining about a lack of a solution if you don't have a better alternative.

Hardly whining; I'll excuse that as one of your troll attempts.

I assumed when you wrote your sarcasm, it was because you had a better plan in mind.

Refer to my previous post. It does not matter what I may or may not think; there is no reasoning with an individual who thinks they already know.

In other words, you are not interested in anything other than defending your prejudices.
I think you're just scared to post what you think because you know anyone with half a brain will find it completely ridiculous.

inb4 "turn the other cheek" lol
I think you're just scared to post what you think because you know anyone with half a brain will find it completely ridiculous.

That is fine. What one thinks is of no consequence to me. It is simple to think, but entirely different to know. You may learn the difference with time -- but for now, I will happily leave you to your one-sided rant.

In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
What one thinks is of no consequence to me. It is simple to think, but entirely different to know.

I read that in Morpheus's voice.
This post shows both sides to Mr. Frog(you're not fooling anyone.)
I don't think it's a perfect ultimate solution for the problem. I do, however, loathe the people involved in human trafficking and love the idea of seeing them suffer horrendously. If you can think of a morally worse crime, throw it out, but I honestly can't think of a type of person that I want to make writhe in agony more than a human trafficker. They don't deserve to be considered human.

Is that realistic? No, but these are my true feelings about the issue. Of course they deserve a proper justice system. I wouldn't want to sacrifice human liberty just because someone else does.
Page: 1 2