Pokemon Atom

by Kidpaddle45
Pokemon Atom
The Pokémon experience you've been waiting for!
ID:2139470

Poll: Which Interface do you prefer?

Interface 1 (With the seperate chat pop up) 42% (11)
Interface 2 57% (15)

The polls are now closed.

While testing certain features in the game, I've noticed the chat window was taking a lot of space from the already-too-small game's window. Pokemon games tend to be played in smaller screen and so, allowing full-screen, stretching icons or making the view larger is not an option.

I thought of making the interface look bigger by merging the chat window into the same game's window and have it on the left side. It didn't look as good at first but then I've got this idea of making the menu screen and certain interactions appear on the left as well, for example, opening up your bag or the game's map would show up above the chat; here are some screenshots.

Let me know which one you prefer, and if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

(Click on the screenshot for better quality)

Interface 1
Interface style

Interface 2
Interface style2

Interface style3

for me 2 standout initially, but 3 could be very convenient.
Dark gray background with black font. Really?
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
Dark gray background with black font. Really?

Don't mind the black font, it's just coded this way, too lazy to change everything, I'll just wait and see what the results are, it definitely won't be a black font if Interface 2 wins.
Why not allow us to switch between them at any time....
The one under interface 2 stands out more to me. I could see a lot of possibilities with it like the maps, pokedex, party, inventory and other stuff. There could be different chats as well like world, local, trade, clans and whatever else.

Let me explain I would get the "tab chats" from interface 1 and implement it into interface 2 for world, local, trade, and clan chat; while keeping the map and other options directly above the chat, if that makes any sense.
In response to Kidpaddle45
Well, in that case, interface #2 with the minimap is the most ideal, in my opinion.
Yeah I voted for interface 1 but I'd like to switch that to 2 after having taken a look at it again.
The poll has now ended. Interface 2 will be the new main interface in-game. This is what it looks like:

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2140140

Still needs some polishing but I like where this is heading!