Fallen Legends

by Mecha Destroyer JD
Fallen Legends
A single player RPG inspired by JRPGs
ID:2140762

Fallen Legends is a single player RPG that I would say is inspired by Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and JRPGs in general. It is turn based, will be story focused and is intended to be a "short" game; maybe 20 hours at most. In a nutshell, the player is tasked with retrieving several legendary weapons in order to save the world. I already have one town created, a overall map with prospective towns, and I'm working on a first "dungeon" to fight some npcs. Seeing as I'm doing all of this by myself for the moment, progress won't be immediate but so far so good.

The game is currently "playable" but not quite player ready just yet. The plan is to have something available on the hub by October (this year). Later on down the line, I fully intend for this to end up on Steam and etc. for sale but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, the aim is completion. It won't be the prettiest in Alpha stage but I fully intend to release, and release (kinda) often as life permits.

let us see screenshots
I like the idea. Would also like to see screenshots.
Screenshots pls, sounds interesting
Sounds fun, I'll definitely try this out tomorrow.
In response to Calus CoRPS
October you mean
Here's a few screenshots guys.

Town 1

Town 2

Also, didn't there used to be some kind of way to take a picture/convert a map file to png or was it the other way around?
I like where you are going with it. For a sort-of-JRPG, I'd suggest some more authentic art. RPG maker may be a good place to begin, even if it is just as placeholders.

Keep it up! Looking forward to see what you do with it.

Also, if you exercise a little bit of Google-fu, you can find some excellent, free-to-use tilesets that are perfect for what you are trying to do. Once again, even as placeholders, it will drastically improve the look!
Thanks everyone. I know outside of Byond, reusing assets isn't that big of a deal but to avoid any controversy and/or spearhead any kind of potential issues with that I'm solely using graphics that I've personally made (at least until I get an artist or something). So yeah as you can see, I'm not the most artistically talented but they'll have to do for now.

Also, long time no see Calus!