ID:2140924

I am struggling to get BYOND to work correctly. It's been a long time since I've played on BYOND, and I just recently installed the latest version of BYOND. When I try to open it up, it just stay son the Loading Game Information... and doesn't do anything. I have tried reinstalling it several times now. I am the only user on my laptop and have tried running it as Administrator, but nothing has changed. I am using Windows 10. As far as I know, there isn't any installed anti-virus software on this laptop unless Windows 10 comes with something. Byond has been installed to My Documents/BYOND. I tried reading previous posts and saw that in the cfg folder there is supposed to be a file called localhub.db? I don't see that. All i see are text files for bookmarks, byond, cauth, hub, maker, pager, sauth, seeker, and skins. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong area or it's changed since then? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is your Windows username using all standard characters? If it has anything but A-Z and 0-9 you're going to run into issues.
If your user directory contains any special characters like accented letters or something you need Unicode for (Cyrillic users have a nasty time with that), my recommendation is to move the entire BYOND user directory somewhere else, like C:\BYOND. You may have to alter the path in your registry too, if you're moving it manually.
That seems to have fixed it. Thank you so much for the quick response and your help!