ID:2141993

Code:
client/Click(var/atom/putHere,location,control,params)
..()
if(istype(putHere,/mob/))
return // do stuff for clicking on units here
else
/*
make the visual for clicking appear below
*/

var/paramslist = params2list(params)
var/px = text2num(paramslist["icon-x"])
var/py = text2num(paramslist["icon-y"])
var/tmp/image/I = image('click.dmi')
I.x=putHere.x
I.y=putHere.y
I.pixel_x=px-16 // we have to do -16 to center it on the cursor click
I.pixel_y=py-16 // just like how we do -16 in the movement
usr.client.images+=I
sleep(7)
usr.client.images-=I
del(I)

Problem description:

When I click all around the map in rapid succession, fine, no problems. When I rapidly click in the same place, the click animations are being thrown to the bottom left (3,3,1) of the map. After some tinkering around, I figured out that this was due to the fact I was actually clicking on image objects I had just created before they disappeared.

That being said, I dont know how I can fix the problem. I cant seem to reference the image objects with istype.

if(istype(putHere,/obj/image)) - does not work

if(istype(putHere,/obj/)) - compiles, but doesnt fix the problem

Can anyone tell me what I am missing here? I am trying to do click movement, which I have got working great, but these click animations are giving me trouble.

Thanks!
Setting the mouse_opacity of the various things in play will allow you to control what is detected by the mouse.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Setting the mouse_opacity of the various things in play will allow you to control what is detected by the mouse.

Not with images, though. Images are treated like overlays; their mouse_opacity is ignored. That's also why an istype() check doesn't work, because the click is counted as belonging to the image's parent object.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Nadrew wrote:

Not with images, though. Images are treated like overlays; their mouse_opacity is ignored. That's also why an istype() check doesn't work, because the click is counted as belonging to the image's parent object.

Oh, well I figured I was somehow setting mouse opacity wrong, but I guess not.