ID:2144504

What operating system and/or browser are you using?
Windows 8.0

What were you trying to do when the problem occurred?
Join a Space Station 13 Game

What actually happened, and how did it differ from what you expected?

I got two errors:

[1] C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\BYOND\bin\dreamseeker.exe "byond://BYOND.world.719906139" -pager

[2] Could not run dreamseeker.exe. Perhaps you should reinstall BYOND?

1 Happened, then 2 happened after clicking OK

What steps did you follow?

I followed the uninstall, reboot, reinstall steps.

I followed 4-5 other posts around the forums, none of them worked, and most of them outdated.

--------

I did not attempt to run dreamseeker through CMD to run the byond:// command thing, that is literally just what popped up when i clicked "Join".
For one thing, I think you're missing spaces in the path. It really should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\dreamseeker.exe", with quotes included.

It sounds like something got really borked up in your installation. I would strongly suggest reinstalling BYOND.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
For one thing, I think you're missing spaces in the path. It really should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\dreamseeker.exe", with quotes included.

It sounds like something got really borked up in your installation. I would strongly suggest reinstalling BYOND.

I will try this again, I have tried it already, but I will go ahead and do it again, be back in like 10 minutes.
So, this did not fix it.

I have done everything.

I restarted my PC after uninstall, etc etc..

I have not applied a windows update in over a year, so there's no conflict there.

My AntiVirus is not false triggering.

I have never had issues with BYOND before, but I uninstalled it after some slight loss in interest, but nothing odd happened during the uninstall.

I am using the most recent, latest, stable build..

So, I am out of ideas myself.
Hrm. If I'm looking at this the right way, the Join link that's failing you is on the pager, correct?

It would seem that the issue may be that the pager isn't seeing the install path correctly. With the pager and all BYOND apps closed, open your registry (type "regedit" from the Start menu) and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Dantom\BYOND. Look at the installpath value. Is the path correct, including any spaces that are in it?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Hrm. If I'm looking at this the right way, the Join link that's failing you is on the pager, correct?

It would seem that the issue may be that the pager isn't seeing the install path correctly. With the pager and all BYOND apps closed, open your registry (type "regedit" from the Start menu) and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Dantom\BYOND. Look at the installpath value. Is the path correct, including any spaces that are in it?

Slight problem...

http://puu.sh/r32Pv.png

It is not here...

So, what now?

EDIT

Found it...

No installpath..

http://puu.sh/r336w.png
You're in the wrong branch of the registry. You need to be in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, not HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
You're in the wrong branch of the registry. You need to be in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, not HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

The first picture [before the edit] has that path, no Dantom located.
Well then, as I said, your installation is borked. The installpath value should exist in either one section or the other. That it doesn't exist in either shows that BYOND did not install correctly.

Did you use the .exe installer?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Well then, as I said, your installation is borked. The installpath value should exist in either one section or the other. That it doesn't exist in either shows that BYOND did not install correctly.

Did you use the .exe installer?

Yep
You could always try adding the installpath value to the registry, where you found userpath. The path should be a string (REG_SZ) and I believe you need it to be "C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND".
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
You could always try adding the installpath value to the registry, where you found userpath. The path should be a string (REG_SZ) and I believe you need it to be "C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND".

If there's no folder, should i add all the needed folders still?

I have never done my own regedit before, so I have no idea what to do.
Just add it in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dantom\BYOND path where you found the userpath value. BYOND can read the installpath value from either place.

Once you get there, you just create a new string value. (You can right-click over in the right-hand side, or go to Edit | New in the menu.) Name it "installpath", and give it a value of "C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND" (but no quotes for either of those).
Yes, that looks right to me.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Yes, that looks right to me.

Sadly didn't work..

So, I have no idea what to do now..