ID:2145575

Fall is here. I know, it's not technically till later in the month, but let's be honest: that doesn't count. For civilized parts of the US, school started this week, and that means summer is over. But hey, pumpkin spice for everyone!

I had planned to get a release out this week, but circumstances have dictated I should wait. Mainly, I'm in still the middle of a minor webclient reorg for cursor stuff, and when that's finished I hope to cut loose a lot of (what will be) cruft from the server side. That will set the stage for me to be able to cut loose even more cruft ahead, and decruftification is always a good thing. Besides that, there's a webclient bug outstanding that I'd like to look into, pending more info.

Speaking of the webclient, parallel animations that have a sleep in between parallels appear to be a little bit jumpy, but only some of the time. I have no idea why. I still need to investigate that. But pixel gliding is in place now, so that's good.

It looks like 511 is starting to be in really good shape. The next couple of releases will focus on buttoning up in preparation for the stable release, and of course the very last 511 webclient feature which is gamepad support. Once the stable release is out, I think a lot more games will use gamepad-friendly controller schemes, and that's gonna be awesome.

On a total side note, I've been playing around with pixel art trying to up my game a little, using Graphics Gale and experimenting with the DawnBringer 32 palette. (To be honest, I really wish he'd made a 64 palette that had a lot of darker shades to play with.) I'm kinda hoping to eventually resurrect some of the aborted concepts that couldn't fit into Runt and make a proper action dungeon crawler, maybe along the lines of Casual Quest but less frenetic and with more exploration and possibly some puzzles. That's the dream.

The end of summer also means football season has come! My favorite team is 1-3 for the preseason, but I hold out hope (as always) for the regular season. If you're looking forward to this weekend's action--assuming it wasn't limited to the game on Thursday--then get your tailgate on. I like teriyaki chicken wings myself, which also makes the cats happy. While you're sitting on the couch, don't forget to root around for loose change so you can send it BYOND's way; your support is always appreciated.