ID:2146504

Simply enough, I flat-out can't do anything as soon as I try to play something through Byond. I've been getting 'not responding' errors up the wazoo and, likewise, trying to do /anything/ ends up with dreamseeker freezing more often than not. I'm not sure whether or not this is a niche issue, but some direction would be appreciated ASAP if at all possible. I'll provide any info on request, obviously.
Operating system? and current BYOND version?
Windows 8.1, 510.1347.
Is it the type of freezing where Dream Seeker is crashing? Or is it just running really god awful slow and the renderer just reaches a point where it just won't update anything anymore?
More like the latter, which is comparatively fucking insane given I'm using a gaming rig rn.
In response to Virome1488
Virome1488 wrote:
More like the latter, which is comparatively fucking insane given I'm using a gaming rig rn.

I'm currently suffering the same issue, and it's driving me insane. I'm still trying to figure out ways around it, some people on Discord mentioned downgrading to stable should fix it, which I'm currently trying to do myself to see if it really solves the issue. Are you using the BYOND stable?

EDIT
just saw your post from earlier and you are, so this makes me really worried. But I'll try it myself and report what happens.
DS not responding could be a symptom of antivirus or security software interfering with it. But you could always try breaking in with WinDbg and getting some stack trace info.
I have absolutely no security software installed, sans Windows Defender (which I keep off at all times).
In that case, you'll have to break into the process to get stack info.

1) Install Windows debugging tools from Microsoft.
2) Run WinDbg.
3) Run Dream Seeker like normal, and when it freezes, attach WinDbg to the dreamseeker.exe process.
4) Type ~* in the WinDbg console to get a list of threads. Most likely, the one you want will be thread 0; ideally, the thread info should say something about dreamseeker.exe, byondcore.dll, or byondwin.dll.
5) Switch to the thread using ~0s (the 0 is if it's thread 0), and then type k.
6) Copy and paste the entire contents of WinDbg into a text editor like Notepad, and save a text file to send to me.
7) Save a minidump .dmp file, and send that to me also.

I'll need to know the exact version number of BYOND that you're using, as well.